SK tools new owner

Job

I got a message they made a new account for me and I activated it. The buyout of SK is forging ahead so to speak. I don’t like it but what does that matter. HangzhuoGreatStar started in 1993 putting out Chinese tools, and here they are owning SK tools, and other old USA companies.

GreatStar Tools USA Acquires High-Performance Professional Hand Tools – SK Tools USA, LLC

The pasted link didn’t work.

The only reason I posted this was for the other information in their news link. Still going to make in USA in a new plant. I can see why my last of the real SK had some cosmetic defects, one very bad. I don't know what they did to the employees but it would be good to know. Maximize them is my guess, like tools. It seems to be a status thing for wealthy Chinese companies to take as their own what was once American manufacturing. I don't think it can be the same, even if all the tests and graphs show it's the same, it isn't the same. You can play all the notes, but an artist plays it with the heart. My heart would be gone working for HangzhuoGreatStar, just be a paycheck.

I thought someone made a thread on this months ago.
they probably did, it happened in June:
As part of the acquisition, which officially took place on June 30, 2021, GreatStar plans to invest in SK Professional Tools product innovation and expand distribution, offering customers more opportunities to purchase these tools.

I got a message they made a new account for me and I activated it. The buyout of SK is forging ahead so to speak. I don’t like it but what does that matter. HangzhuoGreatStar started in 1993 putting out Chinese tools, and here they are owning SK tools, and other old USA companies.

GreatStar Tools USA Acquires High-Performance Professional Hand Tools – SK Tools USA, LLC

The pasted link didn’t work.
The destruction is almost complete. It is a absolute disgrace and a shame what has happened to this country over the last 50 years. Companies this one company has taken over.

The destruction is almost complete. It is a absolute disgrace and a shame what has happened to this country over the last 50 years. Companies this one company has taken over.
Well at least for shop vac it went under before they bought it. Don’t know about the rest.

My understanding was that IDEAL industries owned the NEWLY BUILT factory in Illinois, so SK HAD to move after the buy out. They did save Shop Vac.

So my take is as long as they are hiring U.S. workers, who cares who the owner is. Continental Tire owned by Germans, Toyota owned by Japan.

I love the polishing and superchrome finish on SK. Just SK needs better marketing, since it's the best tools you can buy NOT from a tool truck.

Last edited:
The info included later than June, that’s why I posted it. Toyota is making their own established Toyota products in the USA, totally different. I guess Continental is the same.
It makes a difference to me, enough said.

My understanding was that IDEAL industries owned the NEWLY BUILT factory in Illinois, so SK HAD to move after the buy out. They did save Shop Vac.

So my take is as long as they are hiring U.S. workers, who cares who the owner is. Continental Tire owned by Germans, Toyota owned by Japan.

I love the polishing and superchrome finish on SK. Just SK needs better marketing, since it's the best tools you can buy NOT from a tool truck.
There is a big difference buying from friends that are on a level playing field. Nuff said.

There is a big difference buying from friends that are on a level playing field. Nuff said.
Yeah, but what would happen to SK if not for this sale to GreatStar? The other bidder was a vulture capitalist that more than likely would have dismantled everything and sell the SK "name".

If you don't believe me, look what IDEAL did to Western Forge, the only maker of adjustable wrenches in the U.S.

WESTERN FORGE​

Western Forge is a trusted manufacturer of American-made hand tools for professional tradesmen and consumers. They have produced premium quality tools using American steel for many of the country's most iconic brands for generations.

Western Forge is the largest manufacturer of screwdrivers in the USA.

From what I understand was Craftsman was a major customer of "WF" and since they moved to Taiwan, operations finally fell through. IDEAL was saddled with millions in debt and they sold off companies...

Nobody to blame but ourselves. How many on here will duel over buying from cheap importers vs paying for domestic products?

Last one here turn out the lights…

Yeah, but what would happen to SK if not for this sale to GreatStar? The other bidder was a vulture capitalist that more than likely would have dismantled everything and sell the SK "name".

If you don't believe me, look what IDEAL did to Western Forge, the only maker of adjustable wrenches in the U.S.

From what I understand was Craftsman was a major customer of "WF" and since they moved to Taiwan, operations finally fell through. IDEAL was saddled with millions in debt and they sold off companies...
Why does it always seem to be a Chicom company and not one from Europe or Japan or even South Korea? Simple, pass a law forbidding China from buying and owning US assets and property.
If we keep letting these buggers buy the country out from under us there is no hope for a return to prosperity leaving nothing more than a service economy repairing the goods they produce.

Yes. Im surprised how many people put Chinese and ______ (1st world non US country) on the same level almost as if it’s the same country.

For example, I worked with a guy who said Nissan was Chinese.

Why does it always seem to be a Chicom company and not one from Europe or Japan or even South Korea? Simple, pass a law forbidding China from buying and owning US assets and property.
If we keep letting these buggers buy the country out from under us there is no hope for a return to prosperity leaving nothing more than a service economy repairing the goods they produce.
They are also starting to buy up US farm ground.

I have a membership in the SK socket of the month club. I was in the process of building a nice 1/2” drive metric set to replace an older incomplete set. A few days ago, SK discontinued this “benefit” of the club. So I am 5 or 6 months into a year long membership, and now will get no more sockets. Thanks, Great Star.

Back