Sizzling Tesla

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was standing curbside when a Tesla S went by. A clearly audible sizzling noise was emanating from the vehicle. The sizzling was there as long as I could see the car and until it turned a corner. Didn't see sparks. It was about 50°F and humidity was low. Is this normal behavior?

There's a speaker below the lower left front bumper that emulates an audible noise as mandated by law so that pedestrians can hear the car coming.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
There's a speaker below the lower left front bumper that emulates an audible noise as mandated by law so that pedestrians can hear the car coming.

What do you mean by "emulates an audible noise"?
grin2.gif
Do you mean "emits"?

If a Tesla has a noise generator, and I don't think it does, I have never before heard it, and I am blessed with good hearing. All I ever hear is the tires grinding. And surely they wouldn't make the car sizzle like a defective transformer.

It emulates by emitting.
laugh.gif

The inner ear emits a sizzling sound when the THC concentration is at a high level, which triggers a quasi-tinnitus episode which sounds like an egg frying in a hot skillet.
wink.gif
LoL

Originally Posted By: BRZED
grin2.gif
Do you mean "emits"?

Maybe it was percolating as it went by you. Built-in coffee maker ?
grin2.gif

Dont get me wrong when I say this, because man do i know of alllll kind of creaks and squeaks from cars... But just this weekend i was walking out of a store and a Tesla was backing out if a parking stall. As she finished the pull back and turned the wheels and accellerated so lightly forward.... A big "crack" "bang" sound came from the front end sub structures. Not a creak or a bushing squeak, an actual "bang" as if the torque of a turned wheel which was also applying torque proved just too much for the A arm and sub structure bolts and it shifted in its bolt hikes with a big bang. Total coincidence i came upon this post hours later.

grin2.gif
Do you mean "emits"?

If a Tesla has a noise generator, and I don't think it does, I have never before heard it, and I am blessed with good hearing. All I ever hear is the tires grinding. And surely they wouldn't make the car sizzle like a defective transformer.
Anyone ever hear an INaudible noise?

Tire related noise is common on Tesla cars. They are extremely heavy cars and pick up bits of sand and gravel. It's entirely possible, you heard this. Some of it stays on the tire, and some drops off.

I hear it all the time on my friends various Tesla cars as he pulls up to my hangar.

Similar to a race car pulling off the track after a session. Hot tires pick up stuff from the road.

Tesla have been having problems with some power train bearings. They get noisy when they go bad. I'm not sure how widespread the problem is.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig

grin2.gif
Do you mean "emits"?

Anyone ever hear an INaudible noise?

I have felt inaudible noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back