Six VOAs of various oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
For your BITOG pleasure, I'll be sending these off for VOA soon. Hoping to spark some discussion about them now.

I don't see how the two Lucas oils can be A3/B3/B4 and SN/GF-5...

- Mobil 1 HM 10w40 (ACEA A3/B4 A3/B4, API SN, SM, SL)

- Lucas 10w30 (API SN, SM, SL, SJ, ILSAC GF-5, ACEA A3-04, B3-04, B4-04.)

- Lucas 5w30 (API SN, SM, SL, SJ, ILSAC GF-5, ACEA A3-04, B3-04, B4-04.)

- Amsoil AMO 10w40 (API CI-4+, CI-4, CF / SL, SJ, SH), JASO MA, ISO-L-EMA

- Shell Rotella T 5w40 (API CJ-4, CI-4+, CI-4, CH-4, CG-4, CF/SM), Cummins CES 20081, Cat ECF-2 and ECF-3, DD 93K218, Mack E0-0 Premium Plus, MB 228.31, Volvo VDS-4

- Shell Rotella T6 5w40 (API CJ-4, CI-4+, CI-4, CH-4, CG-4/SM), ACEA E9, Cat ECF-3, ECF-2, Cummins CES 20081, Mack EO-O Premium Plus, DC 93K218, MAN 3275, MB 228.31, Volvo VDS-4, JASO DH-2, JASO MA.

Oh, ha - I was sitting here thinking "Wait... where are the VOAs?.."

Then I read the first line.

Got a good laugh at myself.

Originally Posted By: JRed
Oh, ha - I was sitting here thinking "Wait... where are the VOAs?.."

Then I read the first line.

Got a good laugh at myself.

I wish they were done already!

I'm gonna see if B-S will cut me a deal since I'm doing 6 at once, and have done quite a few VOAs/UOAs in the past with them.

Originally Posted By: BobFout

They aren't. The labels say "exceeds performance levels of," not "approved for."
wink.gif

In other words, they want you to take their word that the oils pass the "performance" tests in those specs, which are only part of the deal. They don't even claim that the oils meet the WHOLE specs.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Originally Posted By: BobFout

They aren't. The labels say "exceeds performance levels of," not "approved for."
wink.gif

In other words, they want you to take their word that the oils pass the "performance" tests in those specs, which are only part of the deal. They don't even claim that the oils meet the WHOLE specs.

Ah, good eye. Some current Euro oils have something similar where they meet the engine test requirements of a spec.

I wish it were illegal for them to list any specs except for what they are approved for. I suppose that's why GMC has started the Dexos license with the trademark symbol on the front. If Valvoline or Castrol or whoever falsifies this symbol there is more legal liability to enforce infringement. I am glad to pay .09/qt to police this standard.

I have been really interested to see what is up with the Lucas oils. Will be very interesting...all of them. [/quote]

I've never seen nor heard of Lucas oils till on this site. I've seen all kinds of Lucas; treatments, stabilizers, additives etc. But no oil!

I've seen the Lucas 15W-40, Dino Diesel, CJ-4 at some truck stops in Gallon Jugs but never at any retail outlets.

For some reason....it's usually a few dollars more than the most popular brands like Delo, Kendall, Rotella, Delvac, Valvoline Blue.

So does the higher price justify the oil.....time will tell us all soon enough.

OK, samples should go out tomorrow. Will take 1 to 3 days to get up there, so should have results back by Friday.

Originally Posted By: vinu_neuro
Thanks Bob.
smile.gif
Where do you get 1qt bottles of T6?

Some Wal-marts have them, some auto parts stores do too. The T6 and RTS came from a Rural King store. Farm and Fleet or Fleet Farm might have them too.

So does anyone in the Terre Haute, IN area want some/all of these oils for a good price? Now that I've got the VOAs I've got no need for them....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back