Sir, have you been drinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Wygle told police his motorized bar stool can go up to 38 mph.

Hey, I bet it gets really good gas milage.
grin2.gif

I like the skateboard wheelie bar. There must be a reason for its installation.
wink.gif

They are going to have a hard time getting a conviction since this is not a car with plates, you do not need a license too drive one of those things, the cops did not see him driving the thing.

It seems they did not get a breathlyzer on the guy, he will probably only get convicted of public intoxication, this happened to a guy in my area who crashed his 10 speed bike while he was riding home drunk.

Originally Posted By: c3po
They are going to have a hard time getting a conviction since this is not a car with plates, you do not need a license too drive one of those things, the cops did not see him driving the thing.

It seems they did not get a breathlyzer on the guy, he will probably only get convicted of public intoxication, this happened to a guy in my area who crashed his 10 speed bike while he was riding home drunk.

About 3 years ago NC changed its DUI laws to include bikes, lawnmowers, and pretty much anything else with wheels. Riding a bike drunk is the same as driving a car drunk here, as far as the law is concerned. I don't really agree with it since I would much rather an intoxicated person ride a bike than drive a car.

But without the breathalyzer, it will probably get reduced to a much lesser charge.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl

About 3 years ago NC changed its DUI laws to include bikes, lawnmowers, and pretty much anything else with wheels. Riding a bike drunk is the same as driving a car drunk here, as far as the law is concerned. I don't really agree with it since I would much rather an intoxicated person ride a bike than drive a car.

But without the breathalyzer, it will probably get reduced to a much lesser charge.

Tell me about it. My neighbor, an elderly alcoholic (but otherwise fairly harmless) passed out on his lawnmower one day. One of the other neighbors called the paramedics, who were in turn followed by County deputies, who gave an eighty year old man a DUI for falling asleep on his riding mower, in his own front yard. He blew just over the legal limit, and his passing out was more from the heat then it was the beer. That's one instance where I think the law goes too far.

Originally Posted By: Beehive_Poker
Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl

Tell me about it. My neighbor, an elderly alcoholic (but otherwise fairly harmless) passed out on his lawnmower one day. One of the other neighbors called the paramedics, who were in turn followed by County deputies, who gave an eighty year old man a DUI for falling asleep on his riding mower, in his own front yard. He blew just over the legal limit, and his passing out was more from the heat then it was the beer. That's one instance where I think the law goes too far.

I would tell that nice man too fight it, especially if it was on private property.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back