Dog jumps into stranger's car ... what would you do?

I'd find some way to get them to come out on their own. Maybe a treat or a piece of food. I certainly wouldn't consider doing anything harmful to them.

What are the local laws re this, owner should be at least fined if not charged.
First thing would be to look for the owner, then if key fob was still with the driver - to activate alarm in hope to scare dogs off, then call the cops if first two failed. Going inside daycare and bringing out water for dogs to drink may have been an option too.
Three dogs like that without bite preventing muzzle on around daycare is potentially a big trouble.

What are the local laws re this, owner should be at least fined if not charged.
First thing would be to look for the owner, then if key fob was still with the driver - to activate alarm in hope to scare dogs off, then call the cops if first two failed. Going inside daycare and bringing out water for dogs to drink may have been an option too.
Three dogs like that without bite preventing muzzle on around daycare is potentially a big trouble.
I realize some people don't like dogs - and this is definitely on the owner - they likely escaped.

Having said that - any "dog person" will tell you these three are waiting for a ride.

from the article "Officers said the dogs were well-behaved and may have been ready for a car ride. They tugged on the animals’ collars to help coax them out, spokesperson Ken Knight told McClatchy News in a phone interview."

Not saying the vehicle owner should have had to deal with this. However what if a homeless person got in there open car? Would the press be as preferential? Close your door if you don't want stuff getting in.

Here are the three. They look pretty much harmless.

1708544806121.jpg

I realize some people don't like dogs - and this is definitely on the owner - they likely escaped.

Having said that - any "dog person" will tell you these three are waiting for a ride.

from the article "Officers said the dogs were well-behaved and may have been ready for a car ride. They tugged on the animals’ collars to help coax them out, spokesperson Ken Knight told McClatchy News in a phone interview."

Not saying the vehicle owner should have had to deal with this. However what if a homeless person got in there open car? Would the press be as preferential? Close your door if you don't want stuff getting in.

Here are the three. They look pretty much harmless.

View attachment 204710
I like dogs, but my thought was going out to the woman who was dropping off kid/s and neglected to close car door, hard to tell if the car was in parking lot or on side of the road. Even if the dogs are well behaved they could have started a panic among people/parents/kids and that could escalate fast.

German Shepherd dogs tend to be very even tempered, unless they have been trained to be mean. So my instinct would be to coax them out.

But I can see why someone may be fearful about approaching three big dogs that are strangers to her. For all we know, the car owner may be afraid of dogs, because of a bad dog experience.

I always have a few pieces of Costco Duck Jerky in my pocket. If I didn't Cuddles would murder me on sight. No dog can resist these treats. I would bait the dog and quickly get in and slam the door shut while Fido is enjoying his snack.

I'm afraid of dogs. Been bitten a couple times. Last one sneaked up behind me and bit my leg.
My younger Brother's dog, no less. I'll pass of speaking on the outcome of that dog. But my Brother was not happy.

I would have been mad had this been my vehicle, but had they hopped into my bride's Traverse that I haven't even made a payment on yet.. They would have loved every minute of it. Our two dogs go everywhere they can with my wife and kids.. In the center row, much to my dismay. At least they are seat belted in.

Back