Do you drink filtered water

I used a faucet filter made by Cullighan, but the filter had to be replaced every 3 months.

I´ve upgraded to a Big Berkey. Why? sometimes you don´t know when a water boil order was issued. I can piss in the Big Berkey and drink the water. Fluoride filters are available for those who are concerned.. and the filter will last all year since your filling it with clean water.
Around here the water is shocked with chlorine around Oct. taste bad if not filtered.

Do you drink water that had been filtered through some means or straight out of the tap?
I drink water that has gone through a carbon filter in my fridge to reduce possible contaminants and I keep up on filter changes.
I generally avoid bottled water for various reasons.
Zero filter for everything including cooking. It's a 5 stage filter over The Britta, or the other brands tiny 2 stage filter.

No. Serviced by one of the most extensive treatment facilities in the country and a "Great" source of water. The two years I lived on a place that had municipal wells, I only drank bottled. Can't do it.

Thanks, this makes sense. Appreciate the info and those are affordable filters. That is re-assuring. Yes we take the same filter. I'd laugh if we have the same/similar fridge. Fridge. Never had an LG appliance before but I do like ours a lot. A nice unit.
Yeah, I am pretty confident in the filters.
We have a side by side, not even a year old yet. This is our new (gulp) "retirement" home in a resort type community.
Anyway, due to downsizing (we love the house) but we choose a counter depth refrigerator and went side by side because if you see in the photo, if we had pull out draws, the space would get tight as the center isle counter is right behind you if you had to pull out the draws.
I know my wife and I over think these things *LOL* most of our neighbors have the French style, we almost did too until we started measuring ... It's so quiet it's amazing.

IMG_6992.JPG

I'm for tap but not my wife. She insists we buy spring water for her and my son. ...
Just explain to her the Spring Water is in containers that are plastic and plastic is made from crude oil. The longer it sits in the plastic, the more chemicals that leach into the water. Show her these links to get started and then have her do her own search with the words -
dangers or water stored in plastic

https://cleanwater.org/2020/07/29/bottled-water-human-health-consequences-drinking-plastic

https://www.consumerreports.org/health/bottled-water/the-problem-with-bottled-water-a9416685511/

Zero % chance I would drink unfiltered water, I grew up in Parkersburg WV - home of Duponts killing machine. Excellent Youtube movie called The Devil We Know if you are not familiar.
I rely on the filters in my Whirlpool refridge.

We are on a well and here in eastern NC the water is contaminated with PFAS. Chemours up the river in Fayetteville has been pumping it into the river and ground for years. We now use a reverse osmosis for drinking water. We also had a huge two cylinder carbon system installed by Chemours to take the PFAS out of our water. It doesn't cost us anything and they come out every six months and do a water test. They just replaced the filters and they were just about a year old.
I grew up in Parkersburg and then went to College along the cape fear...i swear dupont/chemours is trying to kill me!

Zero % chance I would drink unfiltered water, I grew up in Parkersburg WV - home of Duponts killing machine. Excellent Youtube movie called The Devil We Know if you are not familiar.
I rely on the filters in my Whirlpool refridge.

I recently watched some videos of dying towns and the amount of the towns that have industrial waste leaking into the surrounding ground/surface waters is astounding.

Was using Zero water pitcher for coffee - have to wash it often or it gets mold in pitcher - crap design IMO …
Thats odd, we have been using them for years, wash every time I change the filter. We use a lot of water, so I have to change the filters every 2 months or so. AS far as I am concerned, this is the best aftermarket filter on the market.

Have an incorporated filter in the door of our fridge/freezer, along with an ice dispenser. Can easily taste the difference in my area between filtered and tap water although the city tells us the water quality is excellent. Judging from the calcium deposits on some of the appliance heater elements we definitely live in a high calcium area.

I recently watched some videos of dying towns and the amount of the towns that have industrial waste leaking into the surrounding ground/surface waters is astounding.
We had a lawsuit that a major metals company settled out of court bcs they were the only deep pockets in an industrial area - most locals knew it was not them - but a smaller company …
A Houston tort lawyer got wind of it - and with his team “proved” that the small plume got really long - turned 80° - and found a housing project full of “victims”…
Of course it was the deep pockets again 👀

• Wow
Reactions: Pew
My well has a standard filter for removing sediment and little impurities. my well is 641 feet deep and tested yearly and the test center said the water is excellent quality even though it contains dissolved calcium,limestone and sulfur.

Speaking of Cape Fear....this just showed up in my monthly magazine yesterday.
View attachment 202989
Nice find! This is my water company and I have been up to date, this is a good read though. Yes, I am quite impressed how much our water is tested and I am sure among the best in the country. I also have checked the water quality results.
But I still believe very strongly in water filters, its not just the water that goes into the pipe, its any contaminates it picks up from the pipes to your home. Im going to try to find the article.

We had a lawsuit that a major metals company settled out of court bcs they were the only deep pockets in an industrial area - most locals knew it was not them - but a smaller company …
A Houston tort lawyer got wind of it - and with his team “proved” that the small plume got really long - turned 80° - and found a housing project full of “victims”…
Of course it was the deep pockets again 👀

That's ridiculous but not surprising. They probably figured a bigger pay day against the larger company. We had a lady and her ambulance chaser to try and sue the company I work for about because somehow we were responsible for *possible* lead in the tap water even though we were just testing her public housing project per the Chicago Housing Authority and didn't tell her the results. She already lost the suit against the city and was probably trying to do damage control
The "victim" probably thought she was going to have an easy pay day.

Last edited:
The water from my well is so good that nothing is needed to be honest. I do have a whole house filter installed to catch sediment and particulate that accumulated from our first well and the drilling process (long story). That said, if I'm outside I'm not at all above guzzling water from the hydrant.

There's one well that feeds the 90ish houses in my neighborhood, and no outside city water connection. I drink the tap water. It tastes like hard well water and not plastic like the bottled water does.

Back