Sim Ride 737-300

In the simulator (I repeat, in the simulator), if you fly a 747-400 at tree top height, 365 knots, over the San Mateo bridge, you can add full thrust, pull into a loop (@ 2.5 G), extend the gear while inverted, go to idle power, then extend the flaps while pulling out on the back side of the loop…

And land on 28R.
Training for Fleet Week in SF - where United always flys a plane low over the Golden Gate for all on the Marina Green/Chrissy Field to see. Since the 744’s gone, I believe it’s the 773W or 787 that makes an appearance.

Also, with the 737 Max back in service and the FAA wanting all pilots to spend time in the sim, do carriers with no sims send their flight crew to carriers with sims or a private one?

Also, with the 737 Max back in service and the FAA wanting all pilots to spend time in the sim, do carriers with no sims send their flight crew to carriers with sims or a private one?
Great question - no idea. We have leased simulator time from other companies to get through a crunch. There are companies that have airline simulators for lease, like Pan Am in Miami, FL, where we have leased 737 and A-320 time.

We used to lease simulators either wet (with instructor provided) or dry (no instructor, device only) to over 50 airlines and the USAF.

In fact, we had a 747-200 simulator with an air to air refueling model. You could fly the 747 up underneath either a KC-10 or a KC-135.

But we are running at absolutely full speed right now, and I'm certain that we're not leasing to others.

That’s an old -300 sim with steam gauges for heading, attitude and engines! With the handful of -3/500 I’ve flown they’ve been electronic. Sim sessions can be fun.

Back