should I buy 01 honda civic with 150,000 miles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got an '01 with about 270k miles on it. Head gasket went at about 220k or so. Other then that, it's been as reliable as one would ever ask for. Stock exhaust and wheel bearings. They're as easy to work on as a modern'ish car could be.

Buy it, they're good cars.

Sold my 01 Civic with 330,000 miles on it to my brother in law to teach his son to drive stick shift. Maintenance items were Timing belts, water pumps, drive belts & hoses every 105,000 miles. Wheel bearings at 190,000, 3 alternators, brakes when needed.
Clutch was (and is still) original with over 400,000 miles now. I used whatever 5W-20 oil was on sale. Baldwin oil filters.
I do agree Honda AC sucks, always have to keep it on recirculate but mine always worked. Same thing on my 09 Civic.

Originally Posted By: 1foxracing
Sold my 01 Civic with 330,000 miles on it to my brother in law to teach his son to drive stick shift. Maintenance items were Timing belts, water pumps, drive belts & hoses every 105,000 miles. Wheel bearings at 190,000, 3 alternators, brakes when needed.
Clutch was (and is still) original with over 400,000 miles now. I used whatever 5W-20 oil was on sale. Baldwin oil filters.
I do agree Honda AC sucks, always have to keep it on recirculate but mine always worked. Same thing on my 09 Civic.

Nice job. Impressive!
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back