Shooters Lube

I've seen that stuff advertised pretty heavily across some social media platforms. It's not something I'm going to run out and try, but I admit the fancy solvent spray bottle is geinus marketing to cover absolutely everything on the bench except the firearm you're trying to clean.

The Shield like other polymer, striker fired guns can basically be ran dry so a little goes a long way.

Personally I use the Bore Tech line of products and it works on carbon better than anything else I've used YMMV

I have not used it and find their web site full of misleading terms and vague claims, (you know ADVERTISING). If a product claims Military grade I want to see the govt specs it meets. When a product throws around to many buzz words I wonder if there is anything there.
If you carry concealed you need to find an ultra dry lube. Anything that remains liquid will attract dust and lint which becomes sandpaper and sticky. If your just going to the range and wiping it down when you get home and putting it away a decent CLP is all you need. I try and stick to the names that have been around a long time with a proven record. There is no UAO for gun oil so you really have to go by other respected opinions.

There's something very amateurish about using a skull and crossbones or the Punisher logo for a commercial product. I can almost bet on the buying habits and mannerisms of the company owner based on the logo alone.

The old standards like MPro-7 or Break Free CLP work and have stood the test of time without gimmicks. Shooter's Choice makes a lube if you need something thicker for action parts.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by Oily_Thing
Has anyone tried shooters lube or their cleaner? Wondering what would be best for my S&W Shield 9mm.

Shooters Lube website

Superlube tube at Harbor Freight.

+1

Four ounces of solvent and two ounces of oil for $20? Looks very good at separating the gullible from their money.
Try any decent CLP instead: BreakFree, RoyCo, G96, ClenzOil, Ballistol ... whatever your bag is.
You want a sprayer or needle-tip applicator? Amazon or the craft store is your pal.
Or if you want to go solvent then lube, Hoppe's No. 9 solvent and about a thousand proven brands of oil, gun or otherwise. Super Lube? Yep. Mobil 1? Yep.
Go lightly on the oil in any case. (AR guys possibly excepted, 'cause some of them got entirely another thing going on when it comes to "running wet.")
You want a non-tox, with low scent? MPro7 or Hoppe's Elite (the liquid, not the foam). Same stuff. And, actually, the Super Lube degreaser is cheaper and will do the same job.
Among the stuff that's proven, there's cheaper and there's more expensive, but the proven stuff sticks around (for decades) 'cause it works.
This stuff? Social media marketing miracle.
And there ain't no miracle solutions in gun cleaning, and firearm lubing is actually rather simple. Matter of fact, neither is all that hard if you just do it. And if you do it reasonable well and reasonably often, or just remember to inspect your guns ... well, "problem" solved.
End of rant.
(Ooops, wait ... don't let Frog Lube or Fire Clean or Militec1 separate you from your cash, either. Wordy and sometimes litigious bull**** artists.)
18.gif

Last edited:
And the poster who noted the Shield is an easy gun to care for is right. Been running one since about the end of the first year of Gen 1 introduction, and it's a breeze, really.

Back