shills on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny>>>Honest J.03/17/2015
Keep an eye on bidders: r***c(164), 2***j(0), .***r(73), d***y(2) and a***e(1) as these are the usual shill bidders they use. Have a good day.. Only trying to warn buyers about sellall-cars tactics here. Look at the bids very carefully each day when the cars are selling. Check the bidders and you will see shill bids galore. Look at the sellers feedbacks on cars sold and you can't miss what is REALLY going on. If you don't mind being ripped off then by all means buy from them.

http://www.yellowpages.com/plymouth-meeting-pa/mip/sell-all-cars-com-483328002

Originally Posted By: clarkflower
Keep an eye on bidders: r***c(164), 2***j(0), .***r(73), d***y(2) and a***e(1) as these are the usual shill bidders they use. Have a good day.. Only trying to warn buyers about sellall-cars tactics here. Look at the bids very carefully each day when the cars are selling. Check the bidders and you will see shill bids galore. Look at the sellers feedbacks on cars sold and you can't miss what is REALLY going on. If you don't mind being ripped off then by all means buy from them.

I think when it shows bidder id's they're all encrypted (way back it'd actually show the bidders' full true id's). If the same bidder id s**j bids on something else,it'll show maybe something like d**t next or something.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: clarkflower

I think when it shows bidder id's they're all encrypted (way back it'd actually show the bidders' full true id's). If the same bidder id s**j bids on something else,it'll show maybe something like d**t next or something.

You may be right but I saw in his post the same ID and the guy in the auction I'm talking about. ***R with a 73 feedback score.
100% of his bids with this seller. And then he can't contact the guy???
But is still bidding on others as we speak (they can block bidders I think)

Bidder Information
Bidder: .***r ( 73Feedback score is 50 to 99)
Item description: Mazda : Millenia S
Bids on this item: 1

30-Day Summary
Total bids: 30
Items bid on: 30
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 100% Help
Bid retractions: 0
Bid retractions (6 months): 0

Shills?
On ebay?
Surely you jest, sir!
ebay couldn't care less and they won't until real buyers start avoiding the site.
Small chance of that.
If a seller really wants to move an item with no reserve, then there won't be any shills nor any other nonsense.
If ebay is willing to tolerate sellers playing games, then the practice will continue.
ebay could probably end vehicle auctions altogether and still do just fine in net income.
OTOH, Ebay could just ban a few sellers, the rest would get the message and the site would return to its honest roots.
ebay Motors as it is today seems like little more than an advertising site for used car dealers trying to get top dollar for beater grade junk.
I couldn't help taking a look at the site, though.
I looked at Citroens and found seven cars that are pretty rare on this side of the pond that would be fun to own, including a Mehari with no reserve.
Surely you could drive what is basically a forty year old 2CV with an open body from CA to OH?
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Shills?
On ebay?
Surely you jest, sir!
ebay couldn't care less and they won't until real buyers start avoiding the site.
Small chance of that.
If a seller really wants to move an item with no reserve, then there won't be any shills nor any other nonsense.
If ebay is willing to tolerate sellers playing games, then the practice will continue.
ebay could probably end vehicle auctions altogether and still do just fine in net income.
OTOH, Ebay could just ban a few sellers, the rest would get the message and the site would return to its honest roots.

Right. Too much deceit, and ebay doesn't care about it.

The only way to submit your bid on ebay is in the last 5 seconds, takes the shills out. remenber, when a shill wins the seller has to pay e.bay their commission.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dblshock
remenber, when a shill wins the seller has to pay e.bay their commission.

Well, things are a little different in Automotive. Ebay recognizes that car auctions often fall through after the fact, so the hit for a non-payer is much less, and zero if the seller reports it as a non-payer.

I hope against hope that Ebay will start paying attention to problem reports, but after years and years of reporting power sellers purposefully mislisting cheap junk in unrelated hobby categories, I'm not holding my breath. They are still there, heck, some of the same items are still there, years later, a product of Ebay's misguided free relisting policy for unsold junk listings.

I like e.bay, killer app for many items but probably not the best venue to buy vehicles of any stripe. I have to say Amazon, Wal-Mart, Dollar Tree are getting more and more of my purchases lately.

Originally Posted By: HangFire
Originally Posted By: dblshock
remenber, when a shill wins the seller has to pay e.bay their commission.

Well, things are a little different in Automotive. Ebay recognizes that car auctions often fall through after the fact, so the hit for a non-payer is much less, and zero if the seller reports it as a non-payer.

I hope against hope that Ebay will start paying attention to problem reports, but after years and years of reporting power sellers purposefully mislisting cheap junk in unrelated hobby categories, I'm not holding my breath. They are still there, heck, some of the same items are still there, years later, a product of Ebay's misguided free relisting policy for unsold junk listings.

The only way it will change is if the get hit in the pocketbook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back