SHELL Rotella T6 Multi-Vehicle SAE 5w-30 full synthetic uses GTL technology

Sure does look good.
Anybody knows what is the Noack%, HTHS and SA% for this oil?

I’m not that familiar with the makeup of the different oils, would this be acceptable to run in a 2017 Honda Accord 4 cylinder? I’ve always used Rotella 5w and 15w40 in my motorcycle and wanted to have just one oil on hand for everything. Or would this be too thick ??

I’m not that familiar with the makeup of the different oils, would this be acceptable to run in a 2017 Honda Accord 4 cylinder? I’ve always used Rotella 5w and 15w40 in my motorcycle and wanted to have just one oil on hand for everything. Or would this be too thick ??

I am pretty sure your engine specifies 0w20 usage and I would stick with that unless you are in an area with temperatures in excess of 100 degrees fahrenheit on a regular basis.

Sure does look good.
Anybody knows what is the Noack%, HTHS and SA% for this oil?

SA% is funny because I have seen Shell list it as 1% but MB Bevo lists this oil as low SAPS. I am sure if you do some digging around this site you will find some conversation about that.

As far as NOACK and HTHS, I don't know but this is rated as HDEO as well as SN PLUS per API's website. I have used it in a GDI engine with a reputation for shredding oil and have seen others use it in similar reputation engines as well, all with excellent results.

Back