shelf life of sta-bil

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was reading where sta-bil has a shelf life of 2 years.(this is per sta-bil).i am sure that i am beyond that time. am i ok to continue using the remainder of my bottle? (i purchased too large a bottle to use up in two years).
i am refering to the RED sta-bil. my next purchase will be the marine sta-bil in the smallest contaner size available.should i dump out my outdated product?has anyone gone past the 2 years with acceptable results?

Tell them you need some Sta-Bil stabilizer.
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Quest
it sez on the bottle: once opened, it has a max. shelf life of 2 yrs (stabil red).
Q.

I guess I'm just wasting my time using the 10 year oil big bottle of the stuff I still have. It seems to still work.

Originally Posted By: james1950
i was reading where sta-bil has a shelf life of 2 years.(this is per sta-bil).i am sure that i am beyond that time. am i ok to continue using the remainder of my bottle? (i purchased too large a bottle to use up in two years).
i am refering to the RED sta-bil. my next purchase will be the marine sta-bil in the smallest contaner size available.should i dump out my outdated product?has anyone gone past the 2 years with acceptable results?

I think its a hard call to make. I too have read the label, and saw 2 years. At one point they had a place to write the date you opened the container.

Looking at a cup of gas, its hard to know how well a job of protecting gas the Stabil has done, much less gas in the tank or carb. You add the proper amount and say you have done what you can.

Were it me I would toss the container, the time you would spend dealing with OPE that has carb problems because of bad gas is high on my list of things to avoid.

I saw at Lowes at few years ago, the only containers of red Stabil would treat a 55 gal container of gas. A lifetime supply for homeowners if it would last that long.

+1 for blue Stabil.

Originally Posted By: oldhp
Add SeaFoam to keep it fresh.

SeaFoam cannot be all things for all people.

There is protecting gas and dealing with the alcohol. I think its best left to a product that is specific for that purpose.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Originally Posted By: oldhp
Add SeaFoam to keep it fresh.

SeaFoam cannot be all things for all people.

There is protecting gas and dealing with the alcohol. I think its best left to a product that is specific for that purpose.

Donald:

I'm with you on that one!

Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back