Shareaholic ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: Kuato
Blocked. Don't add crrrap (div>

How did you end up blocking it? I can't get Firefox AdBlock to take care of it.

I have Adblock, and just two finger clicked on my MAC and had the options available to block. Try a right click on the green hash.

Blocked. Don't add crrrap (div>

How did you end up blocking it? I can't get Firefox AdBlock to take care of it.

I have Adblock, and just two finger clicked on my MAC and had the options available to block. Try a right click on the green hash.

I did that with AdBlock Plus in Firefox and they still appear, but only parts of the button and pop-up window are missing ... strange. Maybe time to try a better version of AdBlock?

Here's what the slide out button in the lower LH corner, and the pop up Shareaholic window looks like when I tell AdBlock in Firefox to block them. Only parts of them are missing, but they still show up, and you can't close the pop-up window because the top of it with the close "X" is gone so you have to reload the page to make it go away.

Ok, I figured it out for the AdBlock Plus guys using Firefox. When you do a right click, block image you will get a AdBlock window like shown below. Choose the option the red arrow is pointing to, not the one AdBlock chooses which will only remove parts of the button and pop-up like I described above. That should take care of it in Firefox.

I have that too now that you mentioned it. Showing up on Chrome, but it's hidden unless I mouse over.

All,

The Shareaholic icon you see it not coming from BITOG. We have nothing to do with Shareaholic.

Wayne

Originally Posted By: wwillson
All,

The Shareaholic icon you see it not coming from BITOG. We have nothing to do with Shareaholic.

Wayne

You might want to look into it and make sure. Like mentioned earlier, it only shows up on BITOG for me and many others now.

I frequent a half dozen other chat boards and it doesn't show up. Also doesn't matter what browser is used, it only shows up on BITOG for me. And the Shareaholic links I gave makes it look like an add-on used on websites, not something that resides on people's home computers.

Plus many people on this site are now seeing it, so what are the chances they all had some kind of adware secretly downloaded on their computers at about the same time?

In Chrome? I don't have it in Safari.

I don't see this at all. I'm using the latest version of FF + Ublock Origin. UO shows that it's not blocking anything called 'shareaholic' either. Which means it's not on BITOG for UO to filter.

I keep FF screwed down pretty tight with UO. No social media, gargoyle, adsense, tags, etc. is allowed to run. Period.

Can't remember if you're running Wx or MacOs.

Originally Posted By: sleddriver
I don't see this at all. I'm using the latest version of FF + Ublock Origin. UO shows that it's not blocking anything called 'shareaholic' either. Which means it's not on BITOG for UO to filter.

I keep FF screwed down pretty tight with UO. No social media, gargoyle, adsense, tags, etc. is allowed to run. Period.

I'm running Win7 and latest Firefox with AdBlock Plus. Try disabling your UO and see if it shows up. Also try other browsers if you can.

If it's not an artifact of BITOG then why are so many people seeing it only on this site? If it was adware sneakily downloaded on people's computers I'd think their anti-virus/malware programs would bave picked it up. I searched my whole hard drive for Shareaholic and Wordpress (supplier company), and found zero associated files.

Originally Posted By: wwillson

Just for reference, Wayne, I haven't checked the Windows machine at the office, but it is showing up in some tabs with Firefox on Linux at home. It didn't show up on the main page or right now while I'm typing a reply from a "Reply" button. It doesn't show up in my PM section, either. It shows in thread views. I'm running ABP, too.

Originally Posted By: sleddriver

I'm running Win7 and latest Firefox with AdBlock Plus. Try disabling your UO and see if it shows up. Also try other browsers if you can.

If it's not an artifact of BITOG then why are so many people seeing it only on this site? If it was adware sneakily downloaded on people's computers I'd think their anti-virus/malware programs would bave picked it up. I searched my whole hard drive for Shareaholic and Wordpress (supplier company), and found zero associated files.
In the interest of investigation, I took your advice and temporarily disabled UBO. Lo and behold, I saw it as well. I enabled "inspect element" and found the code. when I clicked on it, my BITOG username and password appeared!! Pre-loaded for me to sign up! Yikes....

Also to correct my previous statement, though 'shareholic' didn't appear in UBO's blocked list, UBO is blocking it. Interesting that.

Thank God for UBO! I'd never run an OPEN browser!

Hi All,

Jay from Shareaholic here. Wanted to chime in
smile.gif

There is no hacking or hijacking that has taken place! The badge that you guys are referring to is part of Shareaholic's service (powers Share Buttons and analytics on this site). The site admin can turn the badge off for everyone by logging into their Shareaholic account and toggling off the setting.

Jay
support.shareaholic.com

All,

I apologize - yes, we put a sharing bar at the bottom of posts years ago to help people share on social media. I didn't realize it shows as a Shareaholic link.

Wayne

Running FF here with uBlock Origin. I noticed this Shareholic slide-out panel just the other day. I had to manually tell uBlock Origin to block it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back