Set Tire pressure to Manual/Sticker Recommended or 2 PSI over?

The door sticker pressure is a compromise between comfort, handling, economy and safety. The last time I looked at the tires on the BMW, they said 54 psi max. I'll set them around 45-48 psi even if the sticker says 32-36.
Holy hammering you center tread pressure batman!

I typically run them at the manufacturer's recommended pressure/door sitcker with some variation.

Sportwagen 37 psi (1 under the door sticker of 38 b/c I have a non-OE tire/wheel size) for the 2 sets of 18" wheels and for the aggressive 17" track wheels/tires usually 32 for street.
Atlas 35 psi (door sticker value)
Focus 35 psi (door sticker value)
W8 35 f/32 r psi (sticker value for 1/2 load)
Lexus 35 psi (sticker is 30 but that's too low for a heavier vehicle IMHO and he has a larger size all terrain tire than stock...that low psi is for comfort most likely as it's a luxury vehicle)

Get on the Honda Insight forums and 50-60 psi is pretty common while one guy says he pumps them up to 80.
Sure, and you might survive playing tag in a minefield. That doesn't make it smart. I really shouldn't be surprised by what people clearly on the far left side of the bell curve do, but time and time again, I am.

Get on the Honda Insight forums and 50-60 psi is pretty common while one guy says he pumps them up to 80.
Do you have any fillings left after bouncing down the road at those pressures?

A story about this....years ago my bro-in-law and I were looking at his Passat ('00/B5). I noted his tires were pretty worn in the centers...I ask him..."What pressure do you run these at?" He responds "Whatever the tire says?"...which is of course like 50 psi hahahahaha. "Dude....the pressure to run them at is on the sticker in the door"....."30 psi...ohhhhhhh" AHHAHAAHAHAH

They're-The-Same-Picture Tires.jpeg

Okay guys legitimate question here from a gal...my door sticker states 35psi...does that matter if I have Michelin Defender LTX M/S or
Michelin CrossClimate 2's on my 2015 Honda Pilot Touring 4WD? Aren't they really 2 different kinds of tires? The reason why I ask is that I have the Defenders now,..and am thinking of changing to the Cross Climate 2's. Would I keep the CrossClimate 2's at 35 psi also becasue that is what the door sticker states?

Also with the Defender's at 35psi is is more like a truck ride stiff,...is that really bad for my suspension? Would the Cross Climates be a better tire because it is a softer ride? Or they are supposed to be a softer ride?
I really, really need for this vehicle to last a long time for me,...and I do take care of it really well.

The Defender's are new so they might be riding stiffer for that reason,..but it is a bit rough going over bumps...I just want to avoid any damage to my suspension. BUT I know I need to keep them at the 35psi,...I don't like them lower than that especially in the winter,...I check them every morning in my garage....yes I am OCD!

Also the door sticker, is confusing...because is that for the OEM Honda tires that came with the vehicle,..which were the awful Michelin Primacy's?? OR is that for any tire that I put on my SUV?
I appreciate in advance your time and responses...

Last edited:
Okay guys legitimate question here from a gal...my door sticker states 35psi...does that matter if I have Michelin Defender LTX M/S or
Michelin CrossClimate 2's on my 2015 Honda Pilot Touring 4WD? Aren't they really 2 different kinds of tires? The reason why I ask is that I have the Defenders now,..and am thinking of changing to the Cross Climate 2's. Would I keep the CrossClimate 2's at 35 psi also becasue that is what the door sticker states?

Also with the Defender's at 35psi is is more like a truck ride stiff,...is that really bad for my suspension? Would the Cross Climates be a better tire because it is a softer ride? Or they are supposed to be a softer ride?
I really, really need for this vehicle to last a long time for me,...and I do take care of it really well.

The Defender's are new so they might be riding stiffer for that reason,..but it is a bit rough going over bumps...I just want to avoid any damage to my suspension. BUT I know I need to keep them at the 35psi,...I don't like them lower than that especially in the winter,...I check them every morning in my garage....yes I am OCD!

Also the door sticker, is confusing...because is that for the OEM Honda tires that came with the vehicle,..which were the awful Michelin Primacy's?? OR is that for any tire that I put on my SUV?
I appreciate in advance your time and responses...
35 carries over but you can try a few pounds less and see but that style of tire will not be as comfortable as a typical touring all season. It's not hurting the suspension.

35 carries over but you can try a few pounds less and see but that style of tire will not be as comfortable as a typical touring all season. It's not hurting the suspension.
Thanks so much,...that is what I really needed to be sure of that it is not hurting my suspension.!! Do you happen to know if the CrossClimate 2's would offer a smoother ride. I think the CC2's is a touring tire? If it is a Touring tire would it wear faster because my car is heavy? I was told that also...
I was told NOT to have a Touring tire on my Pilot because the sidewalls of a Touring tire are too soft for my SUV. Is this true??

Also what do you mean by "35 carries over?"

Thanks so much,...that is what I really needed to be sure of that it is not hurting my suspension.!! Do you happen to know if the CrossClimate 2's would offer a smoother ride. I think the CC2's is a touring tire? If it is a Touring tire would it wear faster because my car is heavy? I was told that also...
I was told NOT to have a Touring tire on my Pilot because the sidewalls of a Touring tire are too soft for my SUV. Is this true??

Also what do you mean by "35 carries over?"
35 carries over to any tire that is sized and specd for your Pilot. Touring tires are just fine and what came with that vehicle when new. CC2 is supposed to be excellent. Who told you not to run a touring tire?

35 carries over to any tire that is sized and specd for your Pilot. Touring tires are just fine and what came with that vehicle when new. CC2 is supposed to be excellent. Who told you not to run a touring tire?
Someone on another forum. They stated the sidewalls are too soft and not good for my SUV, because it is a heavy vehicle.
My tire size is upgraded to 245 60 r18

Someone on another forum. They stated the sidewalls are too soft and not good for my SUV, because it is a heavy vehicle.
That is completely false. Go to www.tirerack.com. Look up your vehicle. The tires listed will all be appropriate. Internet-based wisdom is often not...haha

That is completely false. Go to www.tirerack.com. Look up your vehicle. The tires listed will all be appropriate. Internet-based wisdom is often not...haha
Thanks so much for your help. I do like Tire Rack!
So in your estimation the CrossClimate 2's would also be a good tire? Especially since it is snow rated for me in Michigan.

Back