Sesame seed oil for chicken marinade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here ever use sesame seed oil to marinade chicken breasts to go onto the grill? I was reading some grilled chicken recipes and marinating with sesame seed oil came up. I bought some boneless skinless chicken breasts (I wanted the bone in-skin on ones buy they were out of them) and put them into baggies with black pepper,fresh squeezed lemon,and sesame seed oil. I'll leave it in the fridge overnight. I'm going to grill some asparagus and fresh corn along with it.

Not specifically but I use sesame seed oil whenever I want to give my cooking a very strong Asian flavor. In particular, frying eggs in sesame oil will always remind me of being a kid eating a weekend morning breakfast.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Anyone here ever use sesame seed oil to marinade chicken breasts to go onto the grill? I was reading some grilled chicken recipes and marinating with sesame seed oil came up. I bought some boneless skinless chicken breasts (I wanted the bone in-skin on ones buy they were out of them) and put them into baggies with black pepper,fresh squeezed lemon,and sesame seed oil. I'll leave it in the fridge overnight. I'm going to grill some asparagus and fresh corn along with it.

My mom does this with some ginger and tad bit of jerk seasoning rub.

What time is dinner, I'll bring the Corona and limes
04.gif
11.gif
34.gif

Toasted sesame seed oil is what you want. A little goes a long ways. Try half a teaspoon for a marinade and go from there.

Buy a bottle of any Italian Dressing from the store.

Put the chicken meat in a plastic freezer bag and dump in the whole bottle of Italian Dressing.

Marinade 24 hours... grill over charcoal.

You're welcome.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Buy a bottle of any Italian Dressing from the store.

Put the chicken meat in a plastic freezer bag and dump in the whole bottle of Italian Dressing.

Marinade 24 hours... grill over charcoal.

You're welcome.

That's what my brother does and it's delicious! I'd forgotten all about that technique.

Originally Posted By: car51
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

My mom does this with some ginger and tad bit of jerk seasoning rub.

What time is dinner, I'll bring the Corona and limes
04.gif
11.gif
34.gif

Now I'm thirsty for some Coronas!!
laugh.gif
Back to the store time,haha!

Sesame oil is great but the stuff I bought at the usual grocery store was horrible. The stuff from the Asian grocery store is great.

71Wh1nh4fkL._SY550_.jpg

In no particular order:
1) I use the toasted sesame oil in marinades and it is good. As stated, a little goes a long way.
2) Unless you're marinading 12-16 breasts you'll never need anywhere near a whole bottle of Italian dressing.
The plastic bag allows you to move the meat around. Turn it over (and goosh it around) at least 6 times if you're leaving it in there for 24 hours.
2a) Want to save a little money? Reuse the thin vegetable bags found in grocery store veggie departments. Just plop the entire thing into a bowl (in case it leaks) and put it into the fridge
3) Get a fine tined fork and pierce the meat before marinading.
4) Use the aforementioned Italian dressing but add any vinegar you have. That is what tenderizes the meat.
5) Add some Korean Style Red Pepper Flakes to the marinade when doing chicken.

Originally Posted By: Kira
In no particular order:
1) I use the toasted sesame oil in marinades and it is good. As stated, a little goes a long way.
2) Unless you're marinading 12-16 breasts you'll never need anywhere near a whole bottle of Italian dressing.
The plastic bag allows you to move the meat around. Turn it over (and goosh it around) at least 6 times if you're leaving it in there for 24 hours.
2a) Want to save a little money? Reuse the thin vegetable bags found in grocery store veggie departments. Just plop the entire thing into a bowl (in case it leaks) and put it into the fridge
3) Get a fine tined fork and pierce the meat before marinading.
4) Use the aforementioned Italian dressing but add any vinegar you have. That is what tenderizes the meat.
5) Add some Korean Style Red Pepper Flakes to the marinade when doing chicken.

These are some GREAT pointers!
thumbsup2.gif
cheers3.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Leo99
Sesame oil is great but the stuff I bought at the usual grocery store was horrible. The stuff from the Asian grocery store is great.

71Wh1nh4fkL._SY550_.jpg

Uh oh! I bought even lower grade stuff,the Kikoman's (did I spell that right?). I'm going to buy some ribs to grill as a "back up" just in case the chicken is nasty haha. If so,I'll feed it to my possum that comes over to my yard every night
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back