Cooking/Grilling, what are you making???

Status
Not open for further replies.
4+lb leg of lamb
Spiked with a boning knife and a piece of garlic and sprig of mugwort poked in the hole.

Over proper charcoal, with smoke provided by bits of bourbon barrel and a largish chunk of cherry wood.

5:30 in the afternoon and I need the flash...roll on daylight savings...it's 40F out there, and the concrete is a bit chilly on my bare feet.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
The Critic wins this round!
20.gif

And the Corona was the icing on the cake!
11.gif

Thanks. Nikon D7200 and a 50mm Nikon lens typically. Sometimes I use my Pixel 2 phone if a camera is not around.

BTW, I normally don't strip EXIF data from the photos I post, so you can always see what gear and what settings were used. Just use an EXIF viewer or some EXIF browser add-on such as FxIF.

42158303794_8fb4a98a1e_o.png

Crab stuffed salmon for fathers day:

2wrdnx3.jpg

The stuffing was easy: sauted minced onion and green bell pepper in a lot of butter, crushed saltines, parsley, lemon juice, mayo, and a ton of old bay seasoning.

10gijxf.jpg

We also made this stuff my mom always used to make called "3 bean salad". I'm telling you, if you take it to a summer bbq, everyone will want the recipe and it's easy:

1 can whole green beans
1 can yellow wax beans
1 can kidney beans rinsed
A bunch of green stuffed olives sliced
1 onion cut it 2 inch slices
1 green bell pepper cut in 2 inch slices

The dressing is:

3/4 cup suger
1 t salt
1 t pepper
1/3 cup salad oil (olive, canola etc.)
2/3 cup vinegar

Mix that all up good, pour it over the salad, and lat it sit overnight. It lightly pickles everything, it's best to put it in a giant tupperware so you can turn it over a few times, but don't shake it or everything will fall apart.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Thanks. Nikon D7200 and a 50mm Nikon lens typically. Sometimes I use my Pixel 2 phone if a camera is not around.

BTW, I normally don't strip EXIF data from the photos I post, so you can always see what gear and what settings were used. Just use an EXIF viewer or some EXIF browser add-on such as FxIF.

42158303794_8fb4a98a1e_o.png

Never even thought to look, LOL!

I may drag out the old Canon, my iPhone photos are embarrassingly bad when compared to yours
wink.gif

If lighting is good, many modern smartphone cameras do a pretty decent job these days. They can also fake the blurred background quite well.

Here's what I'm grilling:
Hasty-Bake-Bacon:
After grilling everything else, I drop the fire box, spread out the coals, add some pecan wood and lay out a pound of bacon to slowly smoke in dying fire. It's even better when it's 50% off:
Here's the main course. Marinated skirt steak over a VERY HOT fire cooked to about 135F inside, which takes no time at all. Sliced up white onion, red & green bell pepper, then sauted in a 12" skillet on the stove to drive out the moisture, then removed. Once the steak comes off to rest, the vegetables are dumped into a perforated pan set on the grill grate to finish off and absorb some pecan smoke. Bit of salt & lime juice + sipping tequilla repasado.

I like to use the raw four tortillias requiring a pan-browning as they have more flavor, don't tear when stuffed and are far less "doughy" = more room for steak. They're large enough to fold up the tails before rolling so the filing stays contained (and my shirt remains clean) when I take a bite. The small corn one's have great flavor but you can hardly fit anything in them.
Plain, simple salsa made of white onions, serrano peppers, tomatoes & cilantro + salt & lime juice. With steak this tasty, it's a shame to bury/hide the flavor with cheese, sour cream, etc. That's for them yankee hipsters up North....

This was three pounds of steak I bought at 50% off. It will take me awhile to finish this batch. I still have three more pounds to grill for the next weekend!

Let the grill keep on grilling.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back