Serp Belt 2.0 Duratec (Focus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone done one of these? 78k on it I assume.. I have a new Dayco ready to go on, is it fairly easy? I may have to remove some plastic, etc maybe to get to the tensioner?

Not too bad, make note of the routing, work on it cold and be careful of the tensioner it is breakable. Acess from underneath is a must.

I have. However I put the car on jack stands, then placed a floor jack under the passenger side of the oil pan. Put tension on the jack, but protect the pan with somethig soft. Remove the over flow tank then the motor mount. Remove the pastic finder well shield down low. This makes changing the belt much easier and it relly doesn't require that much time. I had to replace the water pump on the Fusion(belt routes the same way) and did the same thing for ease of access. Here is a pic of the Fusion. Also a helping hand doesn't hurt a thing.

100_1488.jpg

Last edited:
With 78 K miles if you really want to keep it reliable, pull the alternator and put in new bearings and brushes, and replace the idler and tensioner when when you do the serpentine belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back