Sell it or keep it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tentatively agreed to sell my 2004 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic to the FIL of a co-worker. I have owned about 25 bikes and this is the only one that I bought brand new off of the showroom floor.

Here is a pic from last week:
Bike-002-L.jpg

I really don't need the money but the upkeep is a hassle and I don't ride it much anymore since I bought the BMW.

Thoughts?

Depends what you would do with the $8K...need the $8K for something? OK, then sell it...

But if not, I would keep that Hog forever...pass it down to a kid or grandkid...but that's just me...

Honestly I would hold on to it unless you need the money desperately...even then I probably couldn't part with my toys.

Bikes are meant to be ridden. If it's going to sit and collect dust, sell it to someone that will enjoy it, and use it. HD will make more...

Originally Posted By: beanoil
Bikes are meant to be ridden. If it's going to sit and collect dust, sell it to someone that will enjoy it, and use it. HD will make more...

+1

Very true..

Thanks for the replies.
thumbsup2.gif

Obviously, I am a bit conflicted by the prospect of selling my Hog!

Wow! That was one sweet hacked Hog.

You guys are killing me.

Keepit/sellit/keepit/sellit.

23.gif

There is one other reason for selling the Harley...

I didn't want to say this in the initial post because it may have influenced some of the responses....

I tower over it and make it look like a moped.

Don't believe me?

752648605_pMtjd-L.jpg

Yeah as a big dude I looked silly on my 250 bike. Only kept it cause it got insanely good MPG's

I always say if ya think you will regret selling something, you probably will in the long run. At the same time you should not regret selling something you do not enjoy. Now I know people with high dollar street rods that never drive em, and never sell em. To me ya gotta drive/ride a vehicle to enjoy it. But for them, they tell me just owning it and looking at it and working on it is what they enjoy.

So in the end...if you enjoy owning it, its not in the way, and ya do not need the cash...keep it. Even if ya do not ride it, its people like you that ensure there will be some pretty cherry original bikes in the future. LOL

If you still find excuses to ride it and enjoy it when you do keep it.

If its just going to be a garage queen sell it to someone who will enjoy it.

Sell it. If you want another one later on, there are and always will be plenty to choose from.

I sold my KLR a few weeks ago because I wasn't riding it. Too many bikes, too little time to ride them. I felt guilty for letting a perfectly good machine sit idle collecting dust.

Keep it.
Sell it.
Whatever.

I buy/sell at least one bike each year and never met a bike that I didn't like. Some I liked better than others.

Now, if it was an old panhead or maybe even a shovel then I might keep it.

Heck, trade it for a Boss Hoss !!!
49.gif

Originally Posted By: JT1
Sell it, put the money towards putting some real miles on your GSA.

Sold!

Yeah, the GSA fits my riding style and my stature much better than the Harley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back