'Sears Parts Direct' is TERRIBLE...

pbm

I ordered a part for my Craftsman mower in April and still haven't received it. They charged my CC at the time but keep sending me "part back ordered' emails.
For over a week now they can't give me an 'update' because they are having 'technical issues'. Whenever I call for an update they try to sell me home improvement services....Why do they think I would ever use them after such a bad experience with my part order.....It's no wonder they are going out of business....Isn't the norm not to charge one's credit card until the part is shipped.....SEARS= never again.

You can still challenge the credit card charge with your credit card company, as part not delivered. I did that last year on an item that was implied to be shipped from California but was actually shipped from China and never made it through quarantine. The company continued to claim it was en route.

As I recall (correctly or not), sears parts direct is not owned by Sears anymore. They sold it to someone else but still has rights to the name.

Moving forward, it is probably better to determine the manufacturer of your mower and order parts based on that.

I would follow the credit card advice and get your money back.

Thanks guys....it's actually the cover for my bagger which is made by Husqvarna. I've been alternating between using my push mower and catching the clippings and using the rider and letting the clippings fly. Husqvarna wants more for the bagger cover than SPD but I'll probably have to go that route now...

I have used them for many years and never experienced that … a starter solenoid etc, have always ordered an extra in the best of times …
Of course we also have brand new $75k vehicles in staging waiting on chips for a long time …

Your not kidding. My MiL had a Kenmore oven with broken glass in the front. I bought the glass straight from them. First box broken they reshipped, second box broken again, third box shipped to a different address in the wrong city, finally the forth box made it to me intact.

They were never too difficult to work with but it took two weeks every single time.

I ordered a part for my Craftsman mower in April and still haven't received it. They charged my CC at the time but keep sending me "part back ordered' emails.
For over a week now they can't give me an 'update' because they are having 'technical issues'. Whenever I call for an update they try to sell me home improvement services....Why do they think I would ever use them after such a bad experience with my part order.....It's no wonder they are going out of business....Isn't the norm not to charge one's credit card until the part is shipped.....SEARS= never again.
If you have your part numbers, you can easily locate OEM parts for your mower on Ebay for much less money.

File your complaint with the CC company now. One card I used to have gave you 60 days, some are longer but I would not take a chance. Besides that a charge back cost them money and maybe if it happens often enough they will stop charging people until the part ships.

I can’t believe they are still around.

As others have said, I’d call the CC company. Can you find what you need online from say eBay?

Look for your Part on Home Depot on-line. You will be surprised at what they have and the prices. Been getting my parts there lately. Most parts OEM Briggs with quick service shipped to local store with no shipping charge. Look it over. I never guessed that I would find my parts there.

Sears is an interesting study in the lack of vision. They were Amazon, but didn't know what they had. Who would ever use the internet to place orders?
Not sure I concur.

Sears is a case study of what happens when a hedge fund manager, who could care less about the Sears retail operations, uses leverage to purchase a publicly traded company. Eddie Lampert JR (ELJ)purchased Sears. Guy also purchased Kmart. Guy personally made (and is still making) billions off the Sears and Kmart purchases, while both organizations collapsed.

ELJ is a very smart guy- while Sears was going (went bankrupt) and he was the controlling shareholder- he made billions. That smart, the company you are the controlling shareholder in goes bankrupt while you make billions during the action.

The whole case that Amazon is the reason these retailers are going BK may be flawed. In almost every case these retailers going BK are tied to investment bankers who purchased these firms with other peoples money and highly leveraged them. They made multi millions on the transaction, while the retailers were in the black prior to the sale, now had to make huge interest payments every month, which changed their business model.

Sears is an interesting study in the lack of vision. They were Amazon, but didn't know what they had. Who would ever use the internet to place orders?

So true. All they needed was better delivery system and software. In the late 70's 80's they were a thriving catalog order company. They and the CEO blew it.

Not sure I concur.

Sears is a case study of what happens when a hedge fund manager, who could care less about the Sears retail operations, uses leverage to purchase a publicly traded company. Eddie Lampert JR (ELJ)purchased Sears. Guy also purchased Kmart. Guy personally made (and is still making) billions off the Sears and Kmart purchases, while both organizations collapsed.

ELJ is a very smart guy- while Sears was going (went bankrupt) and he was the controlling shareholder- he made billions. That smart, the company you are the controlling shareholder in goes bankrupt while you make billions during the action.

The whole case that Amazon is the reason these retailers are going BK may be flawed. In almost every case these retailers going BK are tied to investment bankers who purchased these firms with other peoples money and highly leveraged them. They made multi millions on the transaction, while the retailers were in the black prior to the sale, now had to make huge interest payments every month, which changed their business model.
"Fast Eddie" Lampert is a financial vampire! Basically bled the company dry! He's smart in a diabolical way.

He literally destroyed a historical US retain icon.

"Fast Eddie" Lampert is a financial vampire! Basically bled the company dry! He's smart in a diabolical way.

He literally destroyed a historical US retain icon.
That's the reason I'm concerned about the quality of Warren Performance Products oils (Supertech, Kirkland, Mag1 etc....) know that 'venture capitalist' Pritzker has bough them out....

This makes me feel better about ordering a mandrel for my lawn mower from Amazon instead. Jury is out if it lasts, but it was half the price and came with the bolt holes threaded.

Number one thing to know. Sears is based in Hoffman Estates Illinois. Eddie Lampert JR (ELJ) filed Sears for bankruptcy in New York City, where he has direct connection to the federal BK judges that work NYC. He received favorable rulings from the BK judge he likely would not of received anywhere else in the USA. Sears did very limited business in NYC. It is legal to file BK federally anywhere a corporation does business, it is not morally or ethically proper. Rigged game.

It is a corrupt and crooked system.

Back