Schaeffer's 7k 5W-20, 10,582 mi, 08 Crown Vic Pol

Status
Not open for further replies.
2008 Ford Crown Vic Police, 4.6L in police service.
34.gif

First column=Schaeffer's 7k 5W-20 10,390 mi + 274 hrs idle time (hour meter only accumulates time while idling in park)on oil. By Ford's formula this is equivalent to 19,432 mi on oil. 79,528 mi on unit.

Second column= this report- 10,582 mi on oil + 256 hrs of idle time (hour meter only accumulates time while idling in park). By Ford's formula this is 19,030 mi equivalent. 97,532 mi on unit

Napa Gold oil and air filters

.5 qt make up oil.

Analysis by Schaeffer's.

Cu 1-----1

Fe 20----19

Cr 1-----1

Al 7-----5

Pb 4-----2

Mo 336---272

P 761----692

Z 933----857

Mg 80----41

Ca 2172--2115

Na 17----0

K 6-----5

Antifreeze, water and fuel=0

Si 12-----15

V @ 100C=8.46---8.38

Ox 21-----15

N 19-----20
01.gif

Looks good but I am curious about one thing. This same oil in my Ranger had great results but a much weaker add pack, I wonder why? Comparitively; My Ca was 1500, P was 400 something and Z was in the 600's. As I said though, great wear numbers.

Do you do a UOA on every OCI? I'm continually impressed by the UOA's of this fleet.

shocked2.gif
Two years old with 97,000 miles. How long does it take to rack up 10,000 miles?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: panthermike
Looks good but I am curious about one thing. This same oil in my Ranger had great results but a much weaker add pack, I wonder why? Comparitively; My Ca was 1500, P was 400 something and Z was in the 600's. As I said though, great wear numbers.

Do you do a UOA on every OCI? I'm continually impressed by the UOA's of this fleet.

If you are getting it done at blackstone, they consistently report low add numbers.

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws

If you are getting it done at blackstone, they consistently report low add numbers.

Surprisingly this was done by Schaeffer's.

Originally Posted By: bkbenjy
shocked2.gif

2.5 months?

I can't speak to the difference in additive numbers between your samples and these unless you used the Schaeffer's kits from Wearcheck, with the TBN? This was a Schaeffer's in house kit.

I don't sample every oc, but usually at least every other.

REDDOG

Originally Posted By: oliveoil
Amazing. I'd like to know the TBN

I stopped testing for TBN after a time when it was clear the TBN retention would hold to 10k+ in our type of service. I shoot for a 7500 mile interval knowing 10k+ is no problem. That way if they don't get serviced "on time" there is plenty of cushion.

Based on our past Polaris reports with TBN I would guess in the 2.5-3.0 range.

Originally Posted By: rjacket
shocked2.gif

2.5 months?

I will have to check to be sure, but I think this is about right.

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Thanks for posting this.
thumbsup2.gif

+1

This report should be enough proof that 5w20 works just fine in the CVPI.

I have complete faith in 5W-20 to protect these engines. This unit overheated severely a while back when the alternator pulley took out the serpentine belt. Still runs like a top and it never caused any change or spikes in metals. We have another unit that has severely overheated a few times as well when the cooling fan died-it's been fine as well. Surely a good bit of credit goes to Ford engine protect in those situations as well.

Originally Posted By: REDDOG
Originally Posted By: rjacket
shocked2.gif

2.5 months?

I will have to check to be sure, but I think this is about right.

Yep-2.5 months, almost to the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back