Schaeffer's 7k 5W-20, 10,390 mi, 08 Crown Vic Pol

Status
Not open for further replies.
2008 Ford Crown Vic Police, 4.6L

10,390 mi on oil + 274 hrs of idle time (hour meter only accumulates time while idling in park).

79,528 mi on unit (Police service)

Napa Gold oil and air filters

Oil filter changed and 12 oz Auto-Rx added about 3k prior to sample

1.5 qt make up oil including filter change.

Analysis by Schaeffer's.

Cu 1

Fe 20

Cr 1

Al 7

Pb 4

Mo 336

P 761

Z 933

Mg 80

Ca 2172

Na 17

K 6

Antifreeze, water and fuel=0

Si 12

V @ 100C=8.46

Ox 21

N 19

Looks good
01.gif

Johnny,

This is the first Auto-Rx use on the vehicle and this may be it's one and only treatment. The rest of the time it's Schaeffer's "straight up". I'll post more as I get them.

REDDOG

Was this 274hours of idle time for THIS OCI? That's another 7500 of "fuel miles" by Ford's formula, iirc.

If so, excellent. Granted the oil is in the sweat spot more than not, but still a great show for Schaeffer's

Yes, the 274 hrs is for this interval only. The unit itself had 1924 hrs of total idle time at the time of the sample. In the owner's manual referring to the hr meter Ford considers 1 hr of idle time to be equal to 33 mi of driving (33 x 274= 9042 mi).

REDDOG

Wait, I'm confused now. Are you saying the following?

Car had 274 hours of idle time, which equals approximately 9,042 miles per Ford, plus an actual 10,390 driving miles, for a total of what is equal to 19,432 miles. If that is what you are saying, WOW!!!

Yes Johnny, that is correct. I've stopped routinely checking the TBN because the accumulation of hrs has been quite linear with mileage and TBN retention has never been an issue in this type of service as long as it is changed at +/- 10k (odometer) mi.

REDDOG

Last edited:
Well, in that case I take back what I said in my first post here.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Looks good sir.

It looks fantastic. I may need to rethink what I am doing.

I will be doing an analysis on my Ranger with this oil in about a month. I can only hope the results are this good! I'm also surprised w/ the condition after all of the idle+miles. Great report REDDOG, sounds like you use Schaeffer's in everything. Do you work for the city?

I'm always impressed with Schaeffer results. This is no exception. Just wish this oil was easier to get......

I do maintenance for a "small town fleet" of police vehicles, fire apparatus and ambulances and use Schaeffer's Supreme 7000 oils, 204SAT, gear oil, and grease.

Originally Posted By: REDDOG
I do maintenance for a "small town fleet" of police vehicles, fire apparatus and ambulances and use Schaeffer's Supreme 7000 oils, 204SAT, gear oil, and grease.

Cool, I figured you might. I use the same minus the grease, no need for it right now :).

Quote:
Car had 274 hours of idle time, which equals approximately 9,042 miles per Ford, plus an actual 10,390 driving miles, for a total of what is equal to 19,432 miles.

If it can do half that mileage in my cars tiny sump I may have just bought the best value for dollar oil available today.

Originally Posted By: TaterandNoodles
Quote:
Car had 274 hours of idle time, which equals approximately 9,042 miles per Ford, plus an actual 10,390 driving miles, for a total of what is equal to 19,432 miles.

If it can do half that mileage in my cars tiny sump I may have just bought the best value for dollar oil available today.

It certainly is a great value in our applications.

I would recommend reservation however until you establish a "comfort zone" with your application. My wifes Rogue depleted the TBN on the 7000 5W-30 in under 5k last drain. Wear control has always been incredible though, even in the presence of up to 1.6 % fuel dilution. The Rogue has always been tough on oil despite a lot of highway miles.

REDDOG

My garage queen gets nowhere near the abuse as those squad cars you service, and we have the same engine, transmission, and differential. Lets see, use Schaeffer's, keep the rust off, and drive it till I die.

Heck, I wash my car more in the winter than I do in the summer for that very reason. Just one of the evils we have to use up here. Where's that Schaeffer's no rust salt spray?
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back