Schaeffer Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Just got my first case of Schaeffer 7000 15w-40.
With all the good reports we will see how this oil does, in may Dads 93 Chevy 6.5T Diesel.

Feels different then normal oil.

CRW

[ October 12, 2003, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: Christopher R. Wise ]

I only use Schaeffer's 15W40 Series 7000 in my 95 Ford PSD. Don't ask me why, but this truck is the hardest starting one I have ever owned when the temp gets below 30. Complete new Glow Plugs, Glow Plug Relay, new batteries. After experiencing a no start several times last year I put in the Schaeffer's. NO problem all winter after that. In fact I just changed it yesterday for the winter. In my 01 I am using up a stock of Delvac 1300S, then will switch back to the Schaeffer's oil.

I have been using it in my Mercedes diesel. It seems to work as well as the 5W40 that I was using. Maybe it clings to the cylinder walls better and aids in holding the compression up for starting.
I now use it in everything I own. Including my V twin air cooled motorcycle. It holds up very well.

quote:

Originally posted by Jim:
Including my V twin air cooled motorcycle. It holds up very well.

Schaeffer's #705 20W-50 is the recommended oil for your motorcycle. One of the Schaeffer tech folks is a Harley rider, and with back-to-back dyno sessions got 1-1/2 more hp with this oil vs. Harley oil, and no other changes.

Ken

quote:

Originally posted by Christopher R. Wise:
*-*-*-*-
Feels different then normal oil.
CRW

Is this a good thing or not? Is this just a WIERD feeling because you are not use to it?

Yesterday I changed my oil and used something different than NORMAL. My normal was a 30w or more usually a 30w bumped up to a 40w. The 15w-40 I used felt WIERD. Engine sounded almost the same, but the feel was slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back