Least oil types and weights for my equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi -
I am looking for advice on oil to use. I live in central Texas have the following equipment. I have been using Rotella T5 15w40 oil in all. Does this make sense? Any recommendations? I would like to avoid having too many different types of oil and weights.

Diesel:
2016 Nissan Titan XD Cummins Diesel (10w-30 recommended)
2003 Kubota M4900 (10w-30/40 recommended)
1999 Case 580L II Backhoe (15w-40 recommended)

Gas: (I use Rotella T5 15w-40 in this as well)
1999 Dixie Chopper w/ Kawasaki engine FH601V (40w recommended)
Miller Bobcat Welder w/ Kohler Command18 engine(10w-30 recommended)
Club Car Carryall

Also - I have been using Mobil 1 in the following cars. Maybe I use this oil in my the gas equipment listed above?
2015 Cadillac XTS (50K miles) Mobil 1 5w-30
2002 Chevy Silverado (small v8 w/ 230K miles) Mobil 1 10w-30

Thanks,
Joe

15W40 in everything makes sense to me, ambient above 0F, but then again I'm a "thickie". I also like SAE 30 & 40 weather permitting. I save "synthetics" ,0Wxx & 5Wxx for winter.

I am with "user-friendly", in Texas you could get away with a sae30 year around.
The 15w-40 is tried and true, and would do well in all you have including the car and truck.

The XTS is a breed I do not know, so idk with that one.

Harvey

I'd use Delo XSP 5w30 if you weren't in Texas but because you are I would say that your current Rotella T5 15w40 makes perfect sense. Because this is BITOG I'd up that to the new Rotella T6 15w40.

Stick with what you are doing on the Caddy - don't need to kill the Cad cats.

15w40 "synthetic" does not make much sense to me. Delo and Delvac have a nice Noack in 15w40 and is made for long runs … why pay more for HDEO if you want a 40.
The high mileage gas pickup would run fine on 15w40 in addition to what you run it in already.

Thanks for the feedback!

@4WD, I change the oil in the Titan XD Diesel every 5000 miles. In the other equipment, I change the oil once a year as I do not use it that much. Are you saying that a conventional oil is fine for my use case?

Thanks,
Joe

DELO XLE 10W30 for the lighter diesel and gas stuff (CK4/SN rated).

DELO SDE or XLE 15W40 for the heavier/older stuff. You could totally use the Rotella T5 in this grade as well (I'm just not a Rotella fan - but it's totally fine).

All done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back