Schaeffer Grease for Kubota

Hello all, I've been doing some reading here and since I've purchased a new Kubota L2501 I was looking for good grease. According to the site Schaeffer's was recommended and it's what I ordered.

I'm using Schaeffer's 238 for the front end loader. Or at least plan to when I reach 10 hours.

I'd like to stick to the same brand, so what Schaeffer's should I use for the front axle supports and tie rods? The manual states to not use Moly and to use a multi-purpose GC-LB. I do have some RedNTacky that I could use.

I'm not sure what is in the front axle supports at all, again it's brand new.

Here is a link to some Kubota grease. Not sure which one is in the front axles (if the dealer used this or not). Thinking maybe the multi-purpose.

Last edited:
First off, welcome to the site and congrats on the new Kubota! Looking at the link you provided it appears that the Kubota multi-purpose grease is polyurea based so you’ll want to verify that whatever grease you choose is compatible if that is what indeed was already used in it. There’s a grease compatibility chart linked/pinned at the top of this sub-forum.

Thanks to glowing reviews from other members here I’ve switched to using Schaeffer’s #219 Synforce Green as an all purpose grease at home and for everything at work with good results. Everything from the lawn mower and loader tractor to electric motors and bearings on augers conveyors. Again, congrats and good luck with the new tractor!

Attachments

• 1637467466985.jpg
    1637467466985.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I am using 238 for the front end loader and 219 for the tie rods and most other fittings, no issues on the BX2680.
The 219 uses a synthesized moly that can be used in applications that usually recommend no moly like some needle bearings.
When switching grease types it is a good idea to flush the old grease out of the joints simply by filling it until the grease coming out around the boot or joint is the same as going in.

I now use John Deere or Lucas Poly grease in the tractor, Baler, rake, mower, drive lines Etc' and the vehicles that have zerks and in everything else that requires grease. The poly grease seems to stay wetter longer . I lube a bit too often on the open joints though. Kabotas are nice tractors.

Last edited:
I too am confused about the no-Moly part. Those are two applications where I’d think a 3% would be ideal. If you are dead set on following the manual then Schaeffer 219 would be my pick. I use it in almost everything.

Back