Schaeffer 7000 5w30, 7,254 miles Ford 6.2L

This oil was in service with a Napa gold 1372 filter for 4 months. This F250 tows a 10,000 pound trailer every few days and idles a lot. It’s a take home vehicle so it starts and ends the day with a 20 mile trip around 50-60 mph. I refilled with Motorcraft this time because I was out of Schaeffer oil. Next time I’ll use the 9000 5w30 and see if that changes the number a little. I still believe we are getting higher Iron due to break in still. E84F2ECF-5C1D-443C-AF64-E5CB31A8A8E4.jpg6971DAF1-A5C9-4EAB-BB82-B7ED62979326.jpg

Try clicking on the larger pics to open. They look fuzzy until you open them.

Since towing heavy frequently, perhaps you'd be better served with Schaeffer's 5w-40. And dare I say it, in Virginia where temps rarely go below 0°F, I'd be inclined to use Schaeffer's excellent 15w40 (which is what the million mile Ford 5.4 used)

Since towing heavy frequently, perhaps you'd be better served with Schaeffer's 5w-40. And dare I say it, in Virginia where temps rarely go below 0°F, I'd be inclined to use Schaeffer's excellent 15w40 (which is what the million mile Ford 5.4 used)
I thought about that too. After talking with Schaeffer customer service, they said that it's not a good idea. They say they engineered that oil for diesel and it doesn't have a gasoline rating on it. I was told they don't do the one size fits all method for fleet maintenance. I also use a lot of Valvoline Premium Blue that is CK4/ API SP rated. I could try that. I love the products Schaeffer makes but the price and hassle of getting them is getting old. I've been in the shop all day and had a Schaeffer delivery due today. The shipper said "attempt made to deliver" at 2:40 and I was here. They never came. Not the first time.

I thought about that too. After talking with Schaeffer customer service, they said that it's not a good idea. They say they engineered that oil for diesel and it doesn't have a gasoline rating on it. I was told they don't do the one size fits all method for fleet maintenance. I also use a lot of Valvoline Premium Blue that is CK4/ API SP rated. I could try that. I love the products Schaeffer makes but the price and hassle of getting them is getting old. I've been in the shop all day and had a Schaeffer delivery due today. The shipper said "attempt made to deliver" at 2:40 and I was here. They never came. Not the first time.

Weird that there's an issue with delivery...mine came FedEx last time (albeit on a pallet). Was it FedEx for you also? *shrugs* dunno maybe they thought the shop was closed?

Schaeffer IS a conservative organization, "right oil for the vehicle" is a good way to go. Though for that 1M mile Ford 5.4, I emailed the company to ask what oil was used, they said it was the 15w40...so if correct then it's theoretically safe to use in a gas engine. As we've seen here time and time again, lack of a certification doesn't necessarily mean the oil won't work well in an application.

All that said, I've got some 15w-40 going into the 4Runner in a little over a year.

My orders come on pallets too. It’s shipped by PittOhio truck lines.

My orders come on pallets too. It’s shipped by PittOhio truck lines.
It might be PittOhio then. I remember hearing some bad stories about them, back in the day when I attended WVU. Of course, management has probably changed at least once since then LOL.

Back