Saw a new Corvette the other night.

As great and awesome as the 427 is/was, there are higher performance engines now...
You obviously don’t know much about what’s “out there”.

Please list one normally aspirated American V8 engine that has more horsepower/torque (both) than the C6’s 427.

I'm the right age for one. But I don't wear gold chains or jhorts. So I guess I'm out

It is so ugly, too many straight lines and that rear is so big it is ridiculous but hey you can fit your golf clubs in it. Way over styled. I had corvettes my whole life and currently have a 2014 911. Was looking to get the corvette but instead ordered Cayman S instead

There's always negative people that are simply jealous. Like when you see a gorgeous woman with a guy and your buddy says that they there are dumb, on have had plastic surgery, or they're a bimbo etc. The C8 vette is a beast, and given a mid engine layout its also a very capable car in turns or the racetrack. So what if its " uncomfortable or impractical" most high performance sports cars are. Buy a mini van if you want practicality. Chevy nailed with a mid engine vette that can put the smack down on most sports cars and supercars that are double or triple the vette's price tag. Going fast in a straight line is easy, stopping and turning requires much more engineering and balance. Not only that, they kept the price point low enough so that its more accesible to common folk not just the uber rich.

You obviously don’t know much about what’s “out there”.

Please list one normally aspirated American V8 engine that has more horsepower/torque (both) than the C6’s 427.
I never said there was one, however there are supercharged engines that make more of both...

There's always negative people that are simply jealous. Like when you see a gorgeous woman with a guy and your buddy says that they there are dumb, on have had plastic surgery, or they're a bimbo etc. The C8 vette is a beast, and given a mid engine layout its also a very capable car in turns or the racetrack. So what if its " uncomfortable or impractical" most high performance sports cars are. Buy a mini van if you want practicality. Chevy nailed with a mid engine vette that can put the smack down on most sports cars and supercars that are double or triple the vette's price tag. Going fast in a straight line is easy, stopping and turning requires much more engineering and balance. Not only that, they kept the price point low enough so that its more accesible to common folk not just the uber rich.
I don't think anyone is going to say that function wise, the new Vette isn't the best one yet. I'm sure it is, I'm just saying it's ugly...

If she's ugly, let's hope her dad is rich. ;)

1615300638862.png

I have always liked the Corvette, but now that GM is eliminating gas powered automobiles I have lost some interest.
I would say midships engine placement would make me loose interest. And the tailights look like they belong on a Girls Camaro or Malibu - absolutely not supercar styling out back.

Plus these cars are just too darn fast to really have fun in unless you are on a track.

I don't even floor my over-powered Ford EcoSport 2.0L that make 10 more HP than my first 302 Mustang GT H.O.
And I'm that "racy" guy living out in the sticks with room to " Let 'er rip ! "

The LS1 Camaro base car is the steal of the century now for low 30's new .

455HP 455lb-ft torque

That's putting down BUILT 396 BB numbers ! That engine is SO much stronger than the Coyote

But I'm sure a Miata club sport is more rewarding to drive.

No jealously here. These things are a dime a dozen at Cars and Coffee here in Kentucky. I've seen many of them. They're ugly....period. I did see one Saturday that was slightly less ugly.....cement color without the boy racer wing. But ultimately it's just too busy looking for my taste.

Just an opinion though. There were a plethora of 60+ year old men walking around with chubbs geeking out over them.

Too each his own. I'm not hating

Must be nice! King Newsome still has us shut down. A few places are open on the sly and I was finally able to get a haircut 2 weeks ago. Barber shop had black drapes covering the windows as to not look open.
Big mistake. Cases and deaths are still 4-5X higher than in March 2020.

I agree, open with masks requirements and precautions but not with "open mouth breathers and disease breeders"

This country has no resolve, no guts. We Don't want this to go on forever; its gone on long enough due to lackadaisical attitudes
- Ken

I have had 4 Vettes; they are fun but huge money pits. I am pretty much resolved to cars that work and are fun.
Our Model 3 is a flat out blast; no more Corvettes for me.

But this new one is a game changer...

It’s not a bad looking car in person, some colors seem to work better with the lines.

Being a former SCCA guy, I like the idea of the flat plane crank and upcoming Zo6. What turns me off though, is the automatic trans. I already know what many will say, it shifts faster, etc etc. We all know that, but on a personal note I just find that extremely boring.
Since I stopped racing, I’ve had two “street” vettes, my former a supercharged C5 putting 764 wheel horsepower, and my current C6, normally aspirated 612 wheel horsepower. Both an absolute blast to drive.

If they choose not to make a standard shift version, I’ll most likely build a superformance GT40. 😈

Back