Saw a new Corvette the other night.

I finally saw one in person a few weeks ago. It was parked so I got to do a good walk around. I found it to be hideous.
It was like they took a 10 year old and gave him a computer design program and told him to design a racy looking car.
It has every cliche'd styling cue imaginable. No grace, no classic lines. They need to fire their design staff and hire some graduates from the Maranello school or someplace where they teach art in design and not from the Pep Boys school.

IMO....They look to Exotic to even be called a Corvettte.
This right here. I feel like they should have built two models. A traditional front engine sports car and call it “Corvette”. And then also build the mid engine car and call it “Stingray”.

I have always liked the Corvette, but now that GM is eliminating gas powered automobiles I have lost some interest.
I agree. I hate the new Corvette. It doesn't even look like a Vette any more. It looks more like a Ferrari. IMO, the last good looking Vette was the C5...the C6 wasn't bad, but the C7 and C8 are horrendous looking...

I parked next to a pumpkin orange one at Costco as the lady was getting out. She let me look inside etc. She loved it. Her husband owns a dealership in Indiana and it took over a year to get. They ordered 2 for her and her son in law. Ordered 2 more for the dealership and they were canceled by GM. She said she bought hers so they couldn't sell it from under her. She and I both went to the liquor store and came out at the same time. She popped the trunk over the engine and there was trunk space behind the engine. I wouldn't want to work on them. It was hot under there. Very cool car. I hope they have more quality in them than typical GM.

I like them for the most part but don’t love the rear end. Agree they are better in person than in the photos. I’ll hopefully be getting a Z06 or a Grand Sport when they come out. The base models always look so wimpy once the Z06/GS comes out. For now I’ll continue to put 2500 miles a year on my 17 GS.

The color makes a big difference on the new Corvettes. A dark color like black hides the lines and doesn't look as nice in my opinion and I like black cars usually. The lighter colors and of course red look great and highlight the body lines better to me. I have a C6 and love it and in all honesty, the C8 is out of my current price range but I would love to get one in a few years when the used market has them available.

I parked next to a pumpkin orange one at Costco as the lady was getting out. She let me look inside etc. She loved it. Her husband owns a dealership in Indiana and it took over a year to get. They ordered 2 for her and her son in law. Ordered 2 more for the dealership and they were canceled by GM. She said she bought hers so they couldn't sell it from under her. She and I both went to the liquor store and came out at the same time. She popped the trunk over the engine and there was trunk space behind the engine. I wouldn't want to work on them. It was hot under there. Very cool car. I hope they have more quality in them than typical GM.
Corvettes have never been a typical GM car, they are built better...Corvette could easily be its own division within GM...

The color makes a big difference on the new Corvettes. A dark color like black hides the lines and doesn't look as nice in my opinion and I like black cars usually. The lighter colors and of course red look great and highlight the body lines better to me. I have a C6 and love it and in all honesty, the C8 is out of my current price range but I would love to get one in a few years when the used market has them available.
I know the performance isn't there, but your C6 is a much better looking car than the new one...

Great car for swaggering, but not so much in real life other than the occasional run.
I get to drive all sorts of high end sports cars. Sometimes on long trips. Note: I drive A LOT.

Almost universally, I prefer a sports car over most cars "on long drives". They are comfortable, engaging to drive, generally a joy on the highway, and the high cylinder count engines (more pleasant than 4's or 6's) are always at very low RPM due to gearing designed to achieve blistering top speeds. This makes for a very relaxed and pleasant experience. Plus passing slower traffic becomes FUN!

Driving to Homeless Depot to pick up some fence posts, a few bags of lawn fertilizer and some paint is where cars like the Corvette fall a little short. :)

I like them for the most part but don’t love the rear end. Agree they are better in person than in the photos. I’ll hopefully be getting a Z06 or a Grand Sport when they come out. The base models always look so wimpy once the Z06/GS comes out. For now I’ll continue to put 2500 miles a year on my 17 GS.
That's my beef too. Sharp looking car, but I find the rear is not in harmony with the rest of it...Oh, well

Beautiful cars, for sure. I think given this mid-engine design is new, it needs a few years to be optimized before I'd ever want one. Just general tuning/tweaks and working out some of the 'first model year' issues.

I think it's the best looking Corvette ever produced, though. But I really like that supercar type look.

Back