Saving Money on Flea Treatments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Shannow
If you don't know how it works, how can you highly recommend it ?

I just told you how it works. It gets absorbed into the blood stream
through the skin. It works similar to systemic insecticide for roses.

Should I repeat my last post ?

I don't know how I can explain it more clearly than that.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4

So how does it work then? Also, do you believe imidacloprid, a pesticide and neurotoxin, will not harm the pet?
56.gif

I doubt if Vets would recommend the flea treatments if they didn't think they were safe to use.

How many chemicals do we put on ourselves in shampoos, lotions, antiperspirants and the like?

We use Advantix on our dog (35kg black lab).

We have a problem with fleas due to the dirt under the house housing the eggs. It's absolutely necessary. if we skip 2 months, she gets fleas. our other dog who died in march had a terrible flea allergy, so was also essential for her. also keeps paralysis tick away for two weeks after application.

We buy it off this website:
http://www.trixanpet.com.au/

Originally Posted By: kb01
Originally Posted By: powayroger

What about vaccinations? Do you get one for everything your doctor suggests? We are over vaccinated.

How are you over vaccinated?

It's mainly the kids now. Think about it. You go to the doctor and they want you "current" with all of your shots. I take what I'm required for work.

Look at the kids. A shot for chicken pox now? What about Tdap, which is now a requirement for my kids school district. Look at the side effects of the flu shot.
I use to get the flu and pneumonia shot and I could always count on getting a very bad case of both within 1-2 months of it. Stopped getting them and haven’t had the flu or pneumonia in over 5 years.

Look at the side effects of many prescription drugs. After hearing of the possible side effects of the drug, I think most would rather not even take the drug.
Take high blood pressure medication. Doctor put me on it. I hated the side effects, but I also knew that I had to lose weight. Did, and fought with the doctor to take me off the stuff. As soon as he did (And yes, I could have taken myself off it, but due to an irregular heart beat, caused by the weight, I had to really listen to the doctor. Oh along with the high BP medication, the doctor also had me on rat poison to thin out my blood). I’m off all that stuff and my energy level greatly increased. Point here, we tend to be lazy and let the doctors throw medication at us. Maybe if we looked at the other options, we wouldn’t need the medication. A little willpower got me to lose the weight.

Originally Posted By: Volvo_ST1
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4

So how does it work then? Also, do you believe imidacloprid, a pesticide and neurotoxin, will not harm the pet?
56.gif

Vets are just like regular doctors. They follow what is told to them by others. I have a regular vet and a homeopathic vet. The homeopathic vet was a mainstream vet and found that all of the chemicals in his practice that he used on pets to “heal” them, was killing him. He made the switch to the alternative side. While I will say that some of the stuff he preaches might sound far-fetched, the big thing is that it works.

Here’s his site:

http://www.thepetwhisperer.com/

You always have to check out the sources. I have a friend who believes the Prince Will and Princess Kate will be coming to the US in July to hike a portion of the Pacific Crest Trail. My friend believes it because he can’t see the joke in this post in this PCT newsgroup that he subscribes too. I’ve tried to explain that it is [censored], but he doesn’t believe me.

Originally Posted By: powayroger

I use to get the flu and pneumonia shot and I could always count on getting a very bad case of both within 1-2 months of it. Stopped getting them and haven’t had the flu or pneumonia in over 5 years.

Interesting. My experience has been exactly the opposite. After getting yearly flu shots for ten years (and never getting the flu), I missed getting one in 2007. Sure enough, I got the flu that year. 102°F fever and laid up in bed for three days. It had been so long since I'd had the flu that I'd forgotten what the muscle aches felt like. Similar to having every square inch of your body worked over with a baseball bat. I haven't missed a flu shot since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back