Samsung vs Vizio TV

At the current time I have a 65" Q60 QLED TV I been thinking about getting a 75" I noticed Sam's Club has a Vizio 75" M75 QLED for $850. With a 3-year warranty.. or $699. at Walmart without the warranty.. Obviously Samsung is a better TV.. can any of you comment about the Vizio M75.
Thank you

Looks like Walmart might have that same Vizio for $698 with free shipping?

Model M75Q7-J03 with a 1 year warranty. Same exact model number available at Best Buy. Best Buy is more expensive.

Some electronics are exclusive to Walmart, but not this Vizio apparently.

I can't comment of the "Internal Parts" of the TV in question-mainly because they are cheap enough and I don't think about it. Our Vizio in our front room is 10 years old-gets used quite a bit and is still going strong. We have a Samsung downstairs in the basement-about 6 years old and while not use as much-it has been an excellent TV as well.

These things are cheap enough I just don't worry about it.

Good luck on whichever one you decide.

best site for TV reviews. All TV brands are pretty much equal, they have low end stuff and high end stuff and what matters most is the panel lottery versus what brand it is.

TVs have gotten so cheap these days, that the low end brands seem to have made a lot of compromises in places like power supplies and backlight drivers to keep their costs down, anymore I'd just buy a brand name TV, and not a cost reduced black Friday special version either.

I have an older version ~2017 of a Vizio M75 that a neighbor gave me, and the backlight driver board is bad, random quadrants get dark and then work again intermittently. Also the tcon is getting intermittent, sometimes the screen just has garbage on it and you turn it off and on again and it works. I just wouldn't buy Vizio or any value brand anymore, it's not like 10 years ago where the name brands had super high margins and the cheap ones still had healthy margins so a value brand TV was still decent, these days the cheaper TVs are the epitomy of "you get what you pay for"

Sometimes the bigger discounts are on previous generation models. I buy from Costco or Video Direct.
Good luck. I'm sure you will be happy with whatever you get.

big Samsung guy, my last one is still going from around 2010 with daily use with 5+ hours a day. I even bought the 5 year warranty which got no use. LG purchased at the same time for my parents is also still going but (surprisingly, LED) has screen burn in. I now have an LG OLED, the software is horrible so I use Roku; but this one was a gift.

Well I guess I will probably just keep my Samsung for now, until I see a good deal on a Qled 75" Samsung. Thanks Everyone!!!

I have a 10+ y.o. Vizio that has a wonderful picture. Not a single problem. It has a LCD screen. So rich and warm compared to LED especially cheap ones. Would like to find a used plasma in the 50 inch range that does not have a burned in screen. Rare but they are around.

A few weeks ago I started a thread on the failure of my daughters little used 2 year old Samsung TV. Yesterday a friend told me his 2 year old Samsung 65" TV also crapped out.
I have a Vizio that's running strong and it's 3 or 4 years old IIRC.
I wouldn't touch a Samsung TV or anything else now.

PS: My daugter replaced hers with an LG.

A few weeks ago I started a thread on the failure of my daughters little used 2 year old Samsung TV. Yesterday a friend told me his 2 year old Samsung 65" TV also crapped out.
I have a Vizio that's running strong and it's 3 or 4 years old IIRC.
I wouldn't touch a Samsung TV or anything else now.

PS: My daugter replaced hers with an LG.
What kind of Samsung was it? Was it the Q series? What kind of LG did she replace it with?

What kind of Samsung was it? Was it the Q series? What kind of LG did she replace it with?
IDK....but I'm sure it's not a super, duper $2000 model....she got the LG at Costco. The Samsung was a 58" model bought at Best Buy.
Personally I really don't see the point of a $2000+ TV over the $600 dollar versions. I don't watch much TV and neither does she and all that expensive technology would be a waste.

Last edited:
We have a Vizio in the guest room and I keep it unplugged because it accesses the internet even when it's "off".
Currently running a 7 year old, 55" Sony. I think when it dies, I will buy a "commercial display", not a smart tv. Smart tv apps are inevitably outdated in a year or two, and the advertising and spyware is getting out of control.

Do your research on the different types of Vizio TV's. The "P" series of Vizio is one of the best. Read more about the "series" online or avs forums. My last Vizio TV lasted 12 years. We now have a HiSense TV.

You couldn't pay me enough to own a Samsung anything.
I did quickly, but I just looked at the M series because of the sale. I know the p series is the top of the line..

Samsung, all the way. They make great TVs (and phones) but horrible appliances. I have 2 (two) 2012 Samsung TVs that are still going strong and get a lot of use, one is 40” the other 32”. The smaller one is starting to flicker a little in the lower bottom left when “cold” but is fine after that. I gave a friend my older 2007 Samsung TV and that’s still working fine too. Don’t know how the quality is in todays world, but I’ve had good luck with them so far. Like someone else said, I’ve seen poor quality displays of Vizio TVs on the “showroom” floor at Walmart and never even bothered with that brand.

My Samsungs TVs from +10 years ago are awesome but newer ones from the last 5 years have been a disaster only lasting a few years before total failure or developing major image issues.

Back