Shopping For Large TV

If i have a box or cabinet around my TV, is there any reason i could not mount the bar above the TV ?

I'm with @Malo83: just get the JBL soundbar and call it good. You can hook it up to the tv either with an optical cable or HDMI via eARC. I prefer using optical as it avoids all the handshake crap HDMI uses. Since you're just using the bar, not having HD audio (DTS-HD/Dolby TrueHD/ATMOS) won't make a difference.
If i have a cabinet or box around my TV, is there any reason, i could not mount the bar above the tv?

If i have a box or cabinet around my TV, is there any reason i could not mount the bar above the TV ?

The bar really needs to be near ear level to function properly, putting it 6+' off the ground won't work well.

A photo of your setup would help a ton!

The bar really needs to be near ear level to function properly, putting it 6+' off the ground won't work well.
OK, thanks!

Just planning, as i am ripping out the carpet, and remodeling the room with paint and new floor. Maybe free standing 26,000 btu ( that smallest btu set i could find ) vent-less gas logs.

The fireplace will be off set in front of the TV and probably a non combustible mantle above. A large 70" plus ceiling fan will be used when the logs are used to keep the heat off the TV.

Probably will not use the logs and tv at the same time. More for a fireplace look, and occasionally the room is a touch cold. Gas log use would be short and infrequent.

OK i think i will go with that set ! Either in 75 or 85.

What sound bars, surround would work with it?

? https://www.bestbuy.com/site/logite...-system-6-piece-black/4580243.p?skuId=4580243

This is a wired system, i have to see if i can run wire through my vaulted roof trusses. Could a center channel speaker be mounted above the TV? I may use a swing down mantle mount.

Sound could be a whole separate thread. What is your goal, decent sound for casual watching or closer to a theatrical experience? A sound bar is a minimum as pretty much all TVs' built-in speakers are inadequate. If you want theatrical and are a big movie watcher, skip the sound bar and do a proper Atmos setup if you have the means and the space to accommodate. Regardless, don't buy the system that you linked.

Sound could be a whole separate thread. What is your goal, decent sound for casual watching or closer to a theatrical experience? A sound bar is a minimum as pretty much all TVs' built-in speakers are inadequate. If you want theatrical and are a big movie watcher, skip the sound bar and do a proper Atmos setup if you have the means and the space. Regardless, don't buy the system that you linked.
Thanks, casual watching with better sound than the TV speakers. My plasma TV has poor sound. Seems all thin tvs do. Not after theater or audiophile sound, just better.

I wouldnt go over 65" . A 85" TV is way to big for a 20 ft room .
I’ve seen it mentioned on multiple home theater sites and “professional” viewing setups that for proper viewing aspect, you take the distance from the viewing spot and divide by two to get the correct screen size needed. Working opposite way, an 85” screen would have a viewing distance of 170”, or about 15 feet. Considering the size of the room, 85” is actually just a hair small. I have a 16’ square area with about 14’ viewing distance and a 70” screen and it’s too small. As a matter of fact, the 85” is about the perfect size for this distance, and what I’ve been eyeballing.

Back