New Vizio OLED 55”.

My wife, toddler and I were on our weekly Sams Club trip to pick up some odds and ends and we were browsing the isles and saw a 55” Vizio OLED tv on clearance. Originally $1,200 on sale for $579. Our current TV is a 6 year old Samsung 55” smart TV. It’s just a basic model that I got on a Black Friday sale but has served us well.

Between the age of the Samsung, the unfortunate blows our toddler has inflicted on it and the fantastic sale price of the Vizio I became very interested.

We didn’t have room in the car so we went back the next day and asked an associate if they had any more in stock, unfortunately they did not. I asked if they would sell me the floor model and upon checking with his floor supervisor he said they would sell it for $400!
They could not locate the remote but I found THE correct Vizio remote at WM for a cool $15.

So, so far I’m very happy with the purchase. The screen is FANTASTIC. Super crisp images and deep blacks thanks to the OLED display. The Dolby sound system sounds great as well. We always had Vizios growing up with good success but I’m not familiar with OLED models from any manufacture.

Do any of you have any experience with them? Hope to get good life out of it.

Attachments

• 4ED89D95-C735-4920-89AE-C59C8F6333B8.jpeg
    4ED89D95-C735-4920-89AE-C59C8F6333B8.jpeg
    13 KB · Views: 24
  • 142F5967-3007-4556-A2AD-125752AC72FF.jpg
    142F5967-3007-4556-A2AD-125752AC72FF.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 22
Only concern I'd have is display TVs are left running in what some call "torch" mode. This has settings like brightness cranked up really high as it gives a very impressive picture but can burn in static images, etc. I'd look for signs but otherwise, enjoy it. We got a new TV (LG OLED) before Christmas to replace an almost 10 year old plain, old LCD and the difference is almost night and day with the more modern tech, just like you're seeing too !

OLED is the way to go for infinite contrast ratio and those great blacks. I gotta get me one of those if and when my 19 year old Panasonic plasma ever dies.
I have 2 Panasonic plasmas still too, 1 is our main TV, a little newer like right when they quit making them and they were thin and lightweight…1 is super old, thick (still wall-mounted) and heavy. I don’t think they’re as great as what I walk by and see at Costco nowadays, but they still work fine for us!

Back