Safety,safety,safety, in your business and home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: GenSan
My wife said she would have done exactly the same thing.

awesome, but if that POS lives through this. Are we taxpayers gonna support him and his medical bills for the rest of his life???

You know we will. And, his family will get assistance as well if he was the primary provider.

I will say this gently, calmly, but to the point.....in the future if I'm ever put into a position of self-defense, I will shoot to kill. To do otherwise not only puts the rest of the public at risk, it also causes you to continually watch your back. Plus, it's not just the criminal you have to be on the lookout for, his family is just as bad some of the time.

My only advice to the pro-gun people in here is practice, practice, practice....then practice some more. Carry always....like the old credit card saying....don't leave home without it!

To the sheeple in here....learn to duck, learn first-aid, and learn how to beg for your life. It's also a good idea to get your affairs in order so your family doesn't have to do it for you. In other words, hope and pray the day never comes (and MOST of the time it doesn't) but if it does, die with dignity; meaning you have a lock of their hair in your fist or scraped knuckles from at least a hit or two....NEVER give up.

The Korean community certainly understand what the 2nd Ammendment, stand your ground, and show of force all mean to their livelihoods. It worked out well for them.

To anyone saying that gun owners are paranoid idiots : http://www.infowars.com/dhs-purchases-21-6-million-more-rounds-of-ammunition/

Don't worry, nothing to see here
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
Originally Posted By: Panzerman
What aggrevates me is when I see a gun free zone, so in essence they are dis-arming me, if I want to attend the event. They provide no security from the event to the car. Ussually they provide lack-luster security in the event. My daughter is 14, she likes to run, I recently bought her pepper spray, I think this is a poor alternative. I would like her to carry a gun. I would feel better. I feel they force us into dangerous positions. Thier position of safety, actually causes us more vulerability.

This is like a car on the pedestrian lane / on the curb argument.

There is a curb that's for pedestrians, and you are worried that someone else may drive on it and you'll get run over. So you decided that you want to drive on it with an SUV just in case you got hit. Well now there really is an SUV on it and other pedestrians end up being more dangerous.

Gun free zone protects you from criminals and psycho if they are implemented right with armed security on the outside, metal detector, etc. There are incidents of not just armed criminals but also emotionally charged people (esp teenagers who are not mentally mature to think about consequences, therefore are charged as minor for stupid acts like thieves and vandalism) firing their weapons and got people killed. We hear a lot of that in the news about gun shots in house parties (with alcohol and drugs) killing a guest, mostly high school and college students.

The problem is an improperly implemented gun free zone, not the gun free policy itself.
Ok, here is the problem I was recently faced with. I went to a event is a gun free stadium, it had metal detectors and people searching yor bags upon entry. problem is most of these stadiums are built pretty much in the middle of the Hood(Citrus Bow, for example). The problem comes when I come out of the stadium, at midnight and now have to walk a mile to my car in a very un-savory part of town. My reason for my first and last trip to the Citrus Bowl.

Had the same thing at Gilette Stadium...the "security" was so bad that my wife walked right through with a pair of 10" stilettos in plain sight. She said she could certainly have brought a gun through, and probably several blades. Had I been carrying my Model 29 (not a small pistol) in my Maqui rig, they would have missed it! I was wearing a loose T-shirt, shorts, and boots. Liz wore a sleeveless top, denim shorts, and jungle boots.

I know what you mean, most large events are gun free (for very good reason as 1 shoot out could cause chaos and people stampeding each other to death).

The practical reality is, these large events have so many people that the entrance and exit from the event to public transit or parking will not be an easy place for armed assault by the hood dweller. We have stadium in the hood here and all sorts of events. Traffic is the concern in and out but never robbery. The only time we have shooting (once if I remember right in the last 10 years) involve gang on gang shooting in the parking lot, not robbery or rape of regular event goer. We get 100x more robbery or rape on the street of the hood on a regular basis than in these "gun free" large events in stadium.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back