Safety Kleen oil user here

At my work, we mainly use Safety Kleen “eco power” blend 5w30 and their full synthetic 0w20 for lots of vehicles that require it. For VW and Audi we use Castrol. For brand new GM, GMC vehicles; they get AC DELCO 0w20 or 5w30 synthetic and AC DELCO filters. Anyone here work in a shop that uses Safety Kleen or a small brand of oil? Yes, the Safety Kleen oils we use are DEXOS 1 Gen2 and SN+
🇺🇸🇨🇦

I used the Eco Power a long time ago and it showed good results for the interval I used it for. It's my understanding it is a better oil than what is made from crude since there isn't as much to process it into whatever grade it is going to be. Most of the oil collected is more on the Group III side so it would be starting out better. That is my understanding.

I used the Eco Power a long time ago as well, It was on clearance at local WM for Under $7 for a 5 liter jug. I bought whatever was left at the time. No issues in using it. It's no longer available at retailers locally.

I used the Eco Power a long time ago as well, It was on clearance at local WM for Under $7 for a 5 liter jug. I bought whatever was left at the time. No issues in using it. It's no longer available at retailers locally.

sir, who blends or whatever your Wal Mart brand oil nowadays?

thank You

I used the Eco Power a long time ago and it showed good results for the interval I used it for. It's my understanding it is a better oil than what is made from crude since there isn't as much to process it into whatever grade it is going to be. Most of the oil collected is more on the Group III side so it would be starting out better. That is my understanding.

Yeah, I know so many folks even crusty “veteran” coworkers that say “never gonna use anything like that!” And I shake my head and run away

sir, who blends or whatever your Wal Mart brand oil nowadays?

thank You

I think it's Warren as well. I've never bought Super Tech oil, I usually wait for Black Friday sales to stock up on oil, so you can get a brand name for a few bucks more a jug. Back in 2018 they had VWB on sale for $11.77 Canadian for a 5 liter jug (Syn Power was $19.99 a jug at the time).

I won't need to buy oil for the next two years at the rate I use it. I might switch over to Kirkland's synthetic by then, but who knows.

I posted this picture recently, it’s what is used in all of our (ISP) vehicles.
12C5E812-BEDA-4B06-9E22-D5C6765133BD.jpeg

When we bought our first Hyundai back in 2010, this was the oil the dealership used with our maintenance package. I had no complaints.

Back