Anyone still use 10w30 oil?

Have used it lots of times in my ECHO in the summer. It’s a 30-grade oil and as long as it carries the approval or license your vehicle needs it’s fine. One just has to match the winter rating to your expected starting conditions.

As my real father was talking about the majority of fords, Kias and others that are turbo equipped he asked me what our work uses. I said we use Safety Kleen 5w30 blend for most and Cadillacs new suv calls for DEXOS spec 0w20 so we use Safety Kleen eco ultra 0w20. Look of horror on his face to say least. He thinks people that own a turbo vehicle should use 10w30 year around in them 🙄

Lest I digress, as this is a man that still favors carbeurators over fuel injection

I use 10W30 in some of my OPE, but 5W30 in the Jeep & van. Depending on your location I suppose you could go with 10W30. Here in Iowa I don't like to do cold starts when it was 7F yesterday with 10W30... Both of these vehicles specify a 5Wxx.

Just my $0.02

Most current Hyundais and Kias list 10w-30 as one of the approved viscosities.
My new 2021 Kia K5 lists 0W20 as the only grade to use. The manual listed every grade for use in my old 2011 Kia Optima from 0W20 to 10W40 and everything in between.

As my real father was talking about the majority of fords, Kias and others that are turbo equipped he asked me what our work uses. I said we use Safety Kleen 5w30 blend for most and Cadillacs new suv calls for DEXOS spec 0w20 so we use Safety Kleen eco ultra 0w20. Look of horror on his face to say least. He thinks people that own a turbo vehicle should use 10w30 year around in them 🙄

Lest I digress, as this is a man that still favors carbeurators over fuel injection

I use Schaeffer's 7000 10w30 in the super charged mustang.

I use 10W-30 in my K5 Blazer and CJ-7. Used to run 5w-30 in the Jeep's 304 but it didn't like it, ran louder. The 400 CUI motor in the Blazer likes any oil you pour in it.

yup, it is in 3 of my vehicles right now.
I have been using it in my '18 Santa Fe since I got it (Delo 400 XLE for the first change, Pennzoil Platinum is current and previous 2 changes, with 2 more changes left) and is in the '18 Soul and brother in laws '04 F150 right now.

Nothing wrong with 10w-30 in my location, and I will continue to use it if I can find it for cheap (but seems most places have already cleared out their 10w-30 for the most part, Walmart is about the only place I can easily find it).

Back