Safe to use oil filter not listed yet by some manufacturers on '24 crv hybrid?

Ive used the mobil m110, fram xg7317 and amsoil ea15k13 on other Hondas, as they're all interchangeable(usually going with the cheapest)

When looking up filters for the '24, only Fram lists any filter(the xg7317). Is it safe to assume that the m110 and ea15k13 will work, and that they're just slow to update their vehicle lookups?

bypass settings are very similar between the two. if a 7317 will fit, the rest of them are fine for use imo.

Ive used the mobil m110, fram xg7317 and amsoil ea15k13 on other Hondas, as they're all interchangeable(usually going with the cheapest)

When looking up filters for the '24, only Fram lists any filter(the xg7317). Is it safe to assume that the m110 and ea15k13 will work, and that they're just slow to update their vehicle lookups?
Good Morning Jaygee,
Since the XG7317 continues to be listed the others will work. I agree with you the other brands have not yet updated their 2024 applications.
You're wise to go with the Fram; its performance specs are better than the Mobil and equal to the Amsoil filters for a lot less money.

2020 CR-V Hybrid here. Dealer changes all using the Honda filter, no issues, I wouldn't expect any issues from a filter anyway unless it was a catastrophic failure.

Being a hybrid, I'd be extra careful not to use anything not approved as the dealer might use any reason to deny a warranty claim.

Being a hybrid, I'd be extra careful not to use anything not approved as the dealer might use any reason to deny a warranty claim.
As you probably know, by law the dealer could only deny warranty if they could prove the failure was due to the filter. Sadly, some dealerships would try to deny the whole vehicle warranty if an OEM part wasn't used, even though it wasn't the direct cause of anything. That's illegal for them to do, per the Magnuson-Moss warranty act.

Last edited:
Back