saab 0w30 who really makes the stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hear its made by mobil or elf, anyone know for sure? i did a search and came up with the 2 topics in uoa, however this doesnt answer me question. i would like to know more about this oil if anyone knows anything?
i bought 4 liters of this oil from my sister who works for saab. she got me a really smashing price (hint its cheaper than rotella, anyone want some i can get it for ya)

interestingly enough, there appears to be a sticker under the backside sticker with more words. ill see if i cant grab some pics of the bottle and whats under the sticker.

well the plot thickens. here are some pics of the bottle.
 -

-

-

and a closeup of the label on the back that is removable.
 -

and finally, a closeup of whats UNDEr the label. notice i highlighted "mobil". so this is mobil oil afterall?, comments, anyone?
 -

[ January 22, 2004, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: cryptokid ]

I just called the Saab dealer where I bought my 0w-30 in the gold jugs that had the Total Fina Elf MSDS and the parts man said they have the new blue bottles now and it's a Mobil product .

I wouldn't let that deter me , I think it's more than likley very good stuff .

BTW , I got my lab report in today and posted it in the UOA section .

i noticed that. but your bottle and oil inside seems to be different :\

so if the new saab oil is mobil, it is mobil long life then? where do i find info on that? did a google search and came up blank.
thanks.

quote:

Originally posted by cryptokid:
i noticed that. but your bottle and oil inside seems to be different :\

so if the new saab oil is mobil, it is mobil long life then? where do i find info on that? did a google search and came up blank.
thanks.

quadrun1 thinks that Saab 0W-30 may be the same as Mobil 1 Racing 0W-30. We'll see.

cheers.gif

Jae

You could go to the Mobil Europe site to get the VI and stuff for the Long Life oil but I don't think this oil absolutely has to be repackaged Mobil 0w30 Long Life as sold , saying it could be modified in the add pack . What ya think ?

They also have a deal on the 5w30 Pao blend don't they ?

To me that simply looks like the name of the Outfit/Distributor in Budapest, Hungary called
"Polar Mobil".

What does the label say..."Made in ??"

-Hello, i cant seem to locate any euro mobil website. i can find mobil worldwide, but the euro link is not clickable. anyone have a link to the specs of mobil long life?

and as for who made this saab bottle, on the bottom of the bottle is "polimoon" they are located at http://www.polimoon.com/

the back of the label of the saab bottle which shows who made the label? or where it was packaged i guess? looks like this. "Made in EU."
 -

What are the phone numbers on the back? What if you call one of them eg. GB?

If it says "made in EU", how could it be M-1? Are there Mobil factories in Euro. or only distributors?

Can this oil be bought at Saab dealerships? If Elf makes it, is it sold at the North Pole? I have two Saab dealers near me. If I can get a hold of this stuff, I'm using it! High TBN, Boron and tons of Calcium.

[ February 26, 2004, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: buster ]

quote:

Are there Mobil factories in Euro

ExxonMobil is a huge company with operations all over the world and many products which are both tailored to and manufacturing in various markets.

Given the very different character of the motor oil markets in the US vs. the EU I would expect Mobil's formulations in the EU to often be different than for the US.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back