Running Redline 5/30 in my Suby, just add ARX or change oil to dino?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My N/A Suby has 58k on the odometer, and I'd like to run a cycle of ARX. I put Redline 5/30 in some 3-4k ago, but I'm having some consumption (half a quart or so).

I probably won't leave the Redline in as long as planned. Can I run the ARX with the Redline, or is it worth the time and extra pollution to change to a dino for the ARX treatment?

Thanks!

Nate

Yes, i know, but it IS better to use dino. So, is it enough of a difference to warrant dumping the Redline and using dino?

The Redline is already in my car. Should I add it to the Redline, or change the Redline to dino?

So the Red Line Oil has already been in for 3,000-4,000? Is that miles or kilometers?

How long do you plan to leave it in (assuming you added the Auto-RX to it)??

--- Bror Jace

Miles. I was planning on an 8000 mile OCI, but it's eating plenty of oil, which I hate. I'll not be going that long. I would add the ARX and run it the necessary 1500-2000 miles, then dump everything.

Sorry, Vetteman, you mean add the ARX to the redline, correct?

The clean cycle could mean the cycle with the ARX OR the cycle just after. Both clean. I'm a *******, please excuse. :)

Why would we say that when the instruction say to use the product with conventional oil?

I just don't get it, everyone preaches the rules of using the product and then the rules are just tossed out the window?

Tossed out what window, BLT?

quote:

"Auto-Rx will work with all motor oils. In full synthetic oils (with ester, diester, triester bases) the cleaning takes longer. "

Then it says they prefer the use of dino.

I'm asking a simple question:

Given that they say it will work in any oil, but that they prefer dino, is it worth it to change to dino for what may be little return for the money, effort, or pollution, or should I just run the ARX in the Redline?

How many ways I gotta word this???
rolleyes.gif
mad.gif
shocked.gif
confused.gif
dunno.gif
blush.gif
frown.gif
pat.gif

AS a Sube Outback and sometime RL user I wouldn't add RX to RL. Wait a while as my experience showed me RL does some and I mean some cleaning then change to dino of choice and add the RX. Run at least 1,500 miles (hope your engine warms up properly?) then change oil/filter (dino) for whatever rinse cycle you decide on. Guarantee yourengine will run better than ever...s

Why spend $25 on a bottle of something, and then go using it in a less than optimal way- get your moneys worth out of everything... run the redline out till about 6000 or so, so you don't feel too bad about draining it.. then put in some decent dino with the arx and let the cleaning begin. (I think GTX has been mentioned spacifically on by Frank as being a prefered choice in dino oils for arx).

Poison,

Definitly use the ARX in the cleaning phase with ARX. Get your money's worth out of it. Spin on a new filter of coarse.

When you get to the rinse phase, run a conventional for the 2000 miles. Use this 2000 miles to get an indication of whether your oil consumption problem was cured. If so then run any oil of your choice.

58,000 miles is pretty early to develope consumption aggrevation.

Huh? BlazerLT, no one is telling him to not follow instructions. Adding ARX to the redline oil IS following instructions. It doesn't make the ARX less potent, nor would he be using it "in a less than optimal way"

Just follow instructions on ARX's site. You are fine to keep the redline in during the clean phase. Rich21 above here is saying this too, he just made a typo I think. Keep the redline in. change the filter. dump in your ARX, run it 1500 miles then switch to a dino oil for the rinse.

The instructions do NOT say that dino oil works better for the clean phase. Here's what it says:

quote:

Q: Does it matter what type of oil I use with Auto-Rx®?
A: It does not matter what type of oil you use for the cleaning phase of the Auto-Rx® application. However, for maximum results we recommend that you use plain, non-synthetic oil for the "rinse" phase.

get your money's worth out of the redline. keep it in there and just add the ARX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back