Running fuel injector cleaner too soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive notice lately mpg has gone down quite a bit and want to run some techron fuel system cleaner. The big issue is I have m1 ep 5w-20 with only 2k miles and I plan to run it to 10k miles.

Should I avoid it? Im doing a 600 mile road trip this weekend so i was planning on pouring the stuff in before I leave tomorrow...

Toss a coin. Some people will tell you to wait, others will say go for it. I'd toss it in, especially if performance is suffering or mpg is off from your normal mpg for this time of the year. 8,000 miles is a long time to wait, and I honestly doubt it will negatively effect your engine, people do it all the time long before they change their oil.

And still there are some people who use Fuel System Cleaner on every tank fill up in small amounts along with TC-W3.

I add 3 ounces of TC-W3 and 3 ounces of Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner to every fill up of 12-14 Gallons of Gasoline. Since I can't get Texaco/Chevron gasoline in my market and like the Techron...I just add a little to each tank.

Nothing has blown up yet.

Techron,Regane etc. have no effect on oil, I don't get why people feel the need to use before an oil change or afraid after an oil change
33.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back