Running a two stroke at 60:1 or 70:1

Attachments

• 20230323_001717.jpg
    20230323_001717.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 42
20230324_151534[2].jpg20230324_151414[1].jpg
This is the oil we get in NZ.No mention of a rating.It doesnt say where it is made either,however the cheaper HP says made in Germany on the bottle.Note the 3 stars above the lubricate and cleanliness icons,never noticed this before.The HP has only the lubricate icon and no stars.
One would expect the European and American oils to be the same,but you never know.
To the guy using Motomix,keep using it,your machine will live a very long and productive life.

Hp ultra is good for the intended application it was made for which is the 4 mix engine but i will not run it in traditional 2 cycle engines.
The other problem with ultra is the headache inducing smell and terrible odor from being around engines running on it motomix is no different.
Just find a oil that is JASO certified FC,FD and it should pose no harm to the engine.

Hp ultra is good for the intended application it was made for which is the 4 mix engine but i will not run it in traditional 2 cycle engines.
The other problem with ultra is the headache inducing smell and terrible odor from being around engines running on it motomix is no different.
Just find a oil that is JASO certified FC,FD and it should pose no harm to the engine.
I pretty much choose oil based on scent as long as it meets FD.

Husqvarna / echo oils are very mild in smell and perform fine. But i am sure about the difference of a product by country. I have heard the white bottles of stihl oil in canada are good.
I find Husky XP and Red Armor both inoffensive but not nice smelling. I’m one of those weirdos that actually loves the smell of some oils. The white bottle Stihl in Canada is absolutely atrocious. It reeks like a fire at a plastics factory and spits filth out the exhaust of anything I’ve ever been foolish enough to try it in. To the point that I have to clean the machines with a good degreaser.

I find Husky XP and Red Armor both inoffensive but not nice smelling. I’m one of those weirdos that actually loves the smell of some oils. The white bottle Stihl in Canada is absolutely atrocious. It reeks like a fire at a plastics factory and spits filth out the exhaust of anything I’ve ever been foolish enough to try it in. To the point that I have to clean the machines with a good degreaser.
Opti 2 has no offending odor to me. Stihl oil down here is not that good here. the normal oil likes to foul exhaust ports and spark arrestor screens.

Amsoil saber and opti 2 are both top tier oils for keeping an engine clean and carbon free. I usually mix them at 64:1, it’s easy math to mix at 2oz per gallon.

I’ve also ran the small 1 gallon (1.8 oz) packets of opti which come out to a 71:1 ratio in my duraforce lawnboys which call for a 32:1 mix. They run smoother, picked up a bit of rpm’s and the “ Lawnboy smell” is greatly reduced. They also smoke very little on startup compared to any other oil at 32:1.

I would NEVER run anything beyond 50:1. In fact I run all of my 50:1 equipment at no more than 40:1. My chainsaws and hedge trimmer I run at 25:1 to 32:1 depending.

Most landscapers will not run lean mixtures either. Most stick to no less than 40:1. The people who brought you these ultra lean 2-stroke fuel mixtures, are in the same camp as all this 0W-16 ultra thin oils.

Most of it is in some way connected to government exhaust emissions, the way thin oil is connected to fuel mileage demands. Most small engine repairmen will tell you to stay away from anything over 50:1. Spark plugs are cheap. New engines are not.

Back