RTG by far best oil I have ever used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by RTexasF
So what is RTG or RGT??? Is that Lucas branded oil?

Ya actually my bad, RGT. Frequent brain [censored] on the short form.

Originally Posted by domer10
Lmao, ya that's what you took out of everything I stated, just so you could make a snarky remark. But ya, non ethanol gas does combust cleaner than non FYI.

I'm not sure what that means, which one are you saying is cleaner?

And I thought you said the cleanliness was due to the octane rating?

Originally Posted by kschachn
Lmao, ya that's what you took out of everything I stated, just so you could make a snarky remark. But ya, non ethanol gas does combust cleaner than non FYI.

I'm surprised you could decipher that comment kschachn.

I too enjoy fantasy, but it's usually in the form of Stephen King novel. The differences in fuel economy between oils of the same grade with the same approvals will be immeasurable by Average Joe. It's fractions of a MPG even between grades, which only ends up being significant when averaged across entire corporate sales, hence CAFE.

I just said that higher octane fuel combusts hotter, better burn, leaving less chance or no deposits. Which results in cleaner engine. So therefore higher octane contributes to more cleanliness. Like come on, I thought you were one of the smarter ones on here, or is this just to break balls. How could you not decipher what I was getting at. Since you know, you are a physics major.

I just said that higher octane fuel combusts hotter, better burn, leaving less chance or no deposits. Which results in cleaner engine. So therefore higher octane contributes to more cleanliness. Like come on, I thought you were one of the smarter ones on here, or is this just to break balls. How could you not decipher what I was getting at. Since you know, you are a physics major.

No, I'm not a physics major. I have a BSME with a minor in chemistry. Your snark runs deep despite calling out someone else earlier. You were the one mentioning ethanol in the post and that's what I was asking about. First you were talking about octane rating and then you mentioned ethanol.

And by the way, higher octane fuel does not burn hotter than lower octane fuel in and of itself. There is of course more than one way to change the octane rating of gasoline, but the octane rating by itself has no impact on the flame temperature. Higher octane fuels only mean they are more resistant to pre-ignition. Nor is it "better", if the engine cannot respond to the higher rating by advancing the timing then there is no benefit to the higher rating.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by OVERKILL
I too enjoy fantasy, but it's usually in the form of Stephen King novel. The differences in fuel economy between oils of the same grade with the same approvals will be immeasurable by Average Joe. It's fractions of a MPG even between grades, which only ends up being significant when averaged across entire corporate sales, hence CAFE.

Ya dude all fantasy, that's what I do. Come on here knowing you got ball breakers, who literally comment and discredit you. When I clearly stated my variables, my experience, and trying to let you guys know RGT is a good product in case people were on the fence about it. And even better haven't tried said product. But yet multiple positive reviews on here along the same lines. But hey, makes you feel good to be a [censored] on here because it makes up for some other lack of insecurity you have...by all means chirp away. I'm talking to the people who are into wanting the best, and have a bit of ocd about taking care of their vehicle. If it wasn't for another member on here I would not of given it a shot.

The continuing references to balls is interesting.

One cannot tout any oil that he has added globs of additives to. That destroys any basis for facts.

Ya dude all fantasy, that's what I do. Come on here knowing you got ball breakers, who literally comment and discredit you. When I clearly stated my variables, my experience, and trying to let you guys know RGT is a good product in case people were on the fence about it. And even better haven't tried said product. But yet multiple positive reviews on here along the same lines. But hey, makes you feel good to be a [censored] on here because it makes up for some other lack of insecurity you have...by all means chirp away. I'm talking to the people who are into wanting the best, and have a bit of ocd about taking care of their vehicle. If it wasn't for another member on here I would not of given it a shot.

Best? I'm running an entirely PAO-based 0w-40 in my 475HP Grand Cherokee SRT because I believe that this is the "best" approved lubricant for my application. But that doesn't mean I'm going to be making claims about its performance that I cannot possibly qualify, which is essentially the entirety of your OP here.

Nobody is doubting that RGT is a good product, it's the performance claims that you've ascribed to it, which are a physical impossibility, that are being questioned. You came in hot, got some push back, and are now essentially calling people haters and questioning the integrity of their mental state because they dared take issue with what came off as an unsubstantiated gush story.

I'm glad the RGT is working for you, domer10. I'm sure it's good stuff. I think the product name came off as odd to oil aficionados when it came out. The end of year clearances may give it a second chance since so many have gotten the RGT at a low price or even free with rebates.

No, I'm not a physics major. I have a BSME with a minor in chemistry. Your snark runs deep despite calling out someone else earlier. You were the one mentioning ethanol in the post and that's what I was asking about. First you were talking about octane rating and then you mentioned ethanol.

And by the way, higher octane fuel does not burn hotter than lower octane fuel in and of itself. There is of course more than one way to change the octane rating of gasoline, but the octane rating by itself has no impact on the flame temperature. Higher octane fuels only mean they are more resistant to pre-ignition. Nor is it "better", if the engine cannot respond to the higher rating by advancing the timing then there is no benefit to the higher rating.

Higher octane fuel burns with more power, which in turn produces a bit more heat, which gets combusted more fully and if your engine has a high compression ratio can handle it no problem, where as lower octane...with ethanol etc more doesn't fully ignite, and you can tell by the colour of the flame which can be seen in multiple videos online which show these fuels combusting and the colour of said flame. Now again I guess I have to be super specific, this heat difference is sort of minuscule, but as I'm sure you are aware, that the colour of a flame are diff temps, blue vs orange etc. That less burn leaves behind deposits.

Last edited:
Higher octane fuel burns with more power, which in turn produces a bit more heat, which gets combusted more fully and if your engine has a high compression ratio can handle it no problem, where as lower octane...with ethanol etc more doesn't fully ignite, and you can tell by the colour of the flame which can be seen in multiple videos online which show these fuels combusting and the colour of said flame. Now again I guess I have to be super specific, this heat difference is sort of minuscule, but as I'm sure you are aware, that the colour of a flame are diff temps, blue vs orange etc. That less burn leaves behind deposits.

No it doesn't. Straight gasoline with two different octane ratings have exactly the same heat value. I've run the calorimeter test myself in college. An engine with a higher compression ratio that can utilize the higher octane rating will be more efficient, this is true. But again in and of itself the octane rating is not related to the energy content. There is a lot of confusion and misinformation on the Internet about octane ratings so be careful with what you read.

And flame color isn't indicative of combustion temperature across different fuels. For example a hydrogen flame is invisible yet very hot. A fuel with a sodium compound will burn very yellow but that also doesn't indicate the flame temperature.

Best? I'm running an entirely PAO-based 0w-40 in my 475HP Grand Cherokee SRT because I believe that this is the "best" approved lubricant for my application. But that doesn't mean I'm going to be making claims about its performance that I cannot possibly qualify, which is essentially the entirety of your OP here.

Nobody is doubting that RGT is a good product, it's the performance claims that you've ascribed to it, which are a physical impossibility, that are being questioned. You came in hot, got some push back, and are now essentially calling people haters and questioning the integrity of their mental state because they dared take issue with what came off as an unsubstantiated gush story.

All you have to do is read the title of thread, I said more me and my application, which unless your not driving a SRT. I see people on here day in and day out asking for advice on oil, especially trucks etc.....everyone runs to Mobil 1 or Castrol. When I'm saying with confidence this oil would be best for them. The problem I have is when I'm getting blowback from people who have not used the product, or are discredit my claims. And cherry picking what they want. Again, I use archoil, I use good fuel, which could have a affect on some of my numbers. But Trust me, I still used the same variables when I used Mobil or valvoline or Castrol. This one has been for me the most effective.

All you have to do is read the title of thread, I said more me and my application, which unless your not driving a SRT.

I did read the title of the thread, and then I read the opening post, which ascribed a massive improvement in fuel economy primarily to the lubricant. That's what most people are taking issue with. I have no idea what you are trying to say with the last part there
21.gif

I see people on here day in and day out asking for advice on oil, especially trucks etc.....everyone runs to Mobil 1 or Castrol. When I'm saying with confidence this oil would be best for them.

There are just as many, if not more, recommendations for Pennzoil. All the majors are pretty broadly represented in recommendations IMHO. You may state with confidence that this oil would be the best, but you cannot actually prove it, it's simply your recommendation, as you lack any sort of formal testing proving that assertion.

The problem I have is when I'm getting blowback from people who have not used the product, or are discredit my claims. And cherry picking what they want.

Nobody is cherry picking from what I can see, and certainly nobody needs to actually use the product in question to doubt the validity of claims that are outside the realm of what's possible. That doesn't mean that it isn't a good product, it simply means that one needs to be cognizant of what constitutes a reasonable expectation from something as basic as lubricant selection.

Again, I use archoil, I use good fuel, which could have a affect on some of my numbers. But Trust me, I still used the same variables when I used Mobil or valvoline or Castrol. This one has been for me the most effective.

There are myriad externalities that can have an effect on observed fuel economy, which is what people are saying here, and the ability for an oil to impact fuel economy by the amount claimed simply isn't possible. I'd say the same for additives too, as realistically, if economy could be so dramatically affected, OEM's would be all over it to improve their CAFE numbers, which impact their bottom line.

The use of higher octane fuel, which may lead to more ignition advance and thus an increase in economy is yet another factor. Engines with higher compression ratios but rated for 87 octane to garner more sales may experience an improvement by running a more knock-resistant fuel that allows for a better timing map.

it would be NICE if at least ONCE the product was spelled out for many myself included, as a search showed Lucas products + many others that google is funded by!! as far as AR9100 they talk a lot aka advertising but show NO specs or ingredients!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by AZjeff
Originally Posted by RTexasF
So what is RTG or RGT??? Is that Lucas branded oil?

Pretty sure it's Rotella Gas Truck in 5W-40. Shame on you not knowing every oil acronym.

Where can i buy Rotella Gas Truck in 5w-40
cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back