RTG by far best oil I have ever used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by krismoriah72
Originally Posted by AZjeff
Originally Posted by RTexasF
So what is RTG or RGT??? Is that Lucas branded oil?

Pretty sure it's Rotella Gas Truck in 5W-40. Shame on you not knowing every oil acronym.

Where can i buy Rotella Gas Truck in 5w-40
cheers3.gif

Uh huh ...

Although Rotella GT does not come in a 5w40, Pennzoil Platinum Euro does ...

Are they really that different ... ?

Originally Posted by krismoriah72
Originally Posted by AZjeff
Originally Posted by RTexasF
So what is RTG or RGT??? Is that Lucas branded oil?

Pretty sure it's Rotella Gas Truck in 5W-40. Shame on you not knowing every oil acronym.

Where can i buy Rotella Gas Truck in 5w-40
cheers3.gif

Yeah, I crossed up this thread with that thicker is better thread. 5W-30 it is.
crazy.gif

OK, Boomer.There's too many science nerds on this board who paid to study things of this nature in actual laboratories. They're trying to tell you your observations are most likely clouded by confirmation bias.

Every 0w-20 flows well at -20F, or -20C. No 0w-20 makes a difference in mileage for normal automotive grades that a consumer could measure, and the difference is in hundredths of a mpg. This reminds me of the popular MPG enhancer gadgets that were sold in the 1970's, much ado about nothing.

Isnt the RGT being clearanced out now because it was a marketing fail and may not even be sold next year? My local AZ has removed all their former price labels from shelves after myself and others raided it all.....

Originally Posted by XCIDMigs
Isnt the RGT being clearanced out now because it was a marketing fail and may not even be sold next year? My local AZ has removed all their former price labels from shelves after myself and others raided it all.....

Not sure the marketing failed, but AZ is over priced compared to the price at Walmart.

I think you posted in the wrong subforum, I don't see your UOA.

This discussion would be better suited in the PCMO forum

Originally Posted by maxdustington
OK, Boomer.There's too many science nerds on this board who paid to study things of this nature in actual laboratories. They're trying to tell you your observations are most likely clouded by confirmation bias.

Best. Post. Ever.

Last tank in the XTerra net me 15.89 mpg. RGT is in the sump, broken in at approximately 1,600 miles on the oil. Last sump was Valvoline Maxlife Red Jug. Both 5w-30. Rolling average with Maxlife? 15.95. I write down one measurement of fuel economy per month. Average them at the oil change. No appreciable difference between free Pennzoil Platinum, .75 per quart Pennzoil 10w-40 High Mileage, free after rebate RGT or Maxlife. RGT is noisier than every one of them, but it is winter. 10w-40 was very quiet. This makes sense. The VG33E Nissan allows for 5w-30, 10w-30, and 10w-40 in the owners manual, 10w-40 spec'd for towing and off-road use. I've enjoyed using different oils and filters lately, trying to expand my horizons a bit. But fuel mileage has been the same or worse than right at 15.9, depending on the weather and if I'm towing. It's definitely not attributable to oil selection.

Making a topic then being needlessly aggressive with anyone who disagrees with you
Isn't going to be tolerated.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back