Royal Purple's Base oil,additives & Wally World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

Quote:

Royal Purple has been VOA'd here in the past. It would'nt be difficult to do a VOA on their newer oils to see if they have reduced additive levels. That would be alot better than baseless accusations with no evidence. Every question asked was answered quickly. Every oil is capable of turning in a poor UOA particularly when used in racing or modified stroker engines. Even a bone stock grocery getter can do poorly with issues like fuel dilution.
Show us some evidence of what you think is true. It would be great to use evidence to prove a product has been cheapened in quality instead of going on a couple poor UOA's.

Unreal....can you differentiate between an accusation,rumor and a question? Are you capable of that? Couple of UOA's? On the LS1 forums RP is taking a beating with numerous bad UOA's. Search. I don't give a rats rear end about providing "proof" to you or anybody if RP changed anything. Ain't my job. My motor is my job and I had great UOA's and then it went south. Same motor same everything. Fuel dilution same everything. One day RP was good next it wasn't.Bottom line is I, and many others, aren't using RP anymore because of this issue. You want to use it by all means get after it....but stop misconstruing my questions with your jihad to turn my questions into rumors and accusations.....baseless accusations...unreal...
spankme.gif

And you still don't offer proof that it's the oil's fault you had a bad UOA. Also,this ain't a LS-1 forum;it's BITOG and there have numerous excellent UOA'S with it here.Show your proof that the oil has changed and become lesser quality and i'll be happy to apologize to you here in front of everyone. There's more to it than that though. The whole story isn't being told and I don't expect it will be. It's alot easier to just blame someone's product.
You say it has changed. I say I would love to know it has. That would be great info to have.Please provide us with the evidence it has changed and my apologies will be forthcoming. Have a wonderful day!
coffeetime.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Royal Purple has been VOA'd here in the past. It would'nt be difficult to do a VOA on their newer oils to see if they have reduced additive levels. That would be alot better than baseless accusations with no evidence. Every question asked was answered quickly. Every oil is capable of turning in a poor UOA particularly when used in racing or modified stroker engines. Even a bone stock grocery getter can do poorly with issues like fuel dilution.
Show us some evidence of what you think is true. It would be great to use evidence to prove a product has been cheapened in quality instead of going on a couple poor UOA's.

Unreal....can you differentiate between an accusation,rumor and a question? Are you capable of that? Couple of UOA's? On the LS1 forums RP is taking a beating with numerous bad UOA's. Search. I don't give a rats rear end about providing "proof" to you or anybody if RP changed anything. Ain't my job. My motor is my job and I had great UOA's and then it went south. Same motor same everything. Fuel dilution same everything. One day RP was good next it wasn't.Bottom line is I, and many others, aren't using RP anymore because of this issue. You want to use it by all means get after it....but stop misconstruing my questions with your jihad to turn my questions into rumors and accusations.....baseless accusations...unreal...
spankme.gif

so,it's the oils fault that your "stroker" has abnormal wear? Guess again,it's not the oils fault if you've got internal issues starting to arise.Have you ever tore that "stroker" down and inspected it? If not,then dont be puting blame on a oil,because thats not the entire issue at all.

Far as those LT1 forums,everyone knows,there's alot of guys full of ___ over there as well. They come over to Mustang message forums all the time,their usually lacking of truthful information also.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

spankme.gif

so,it's the oils fault that your "stroker" has abnormal wear? Guess again,it's not the oils fault if you've got internal issues starting to arise.Have you ever tore that "stroker" down and inspected it? If not,then dont be puting blame on a oil,because thats not the entire issue at all.

Far as those LT1 forums,everyone knows,there's alot of guys full of ___ over there as well. They come over to Mustang message forums all the time,their usually lacking of truthful information also.

Youbetcha........then explain to myself and the rest of the folks DragRace why it is that a switch to PP 10-30 and all the wear numbers dropped like a rock. I especially like the way you summarily dismiss all the true gearhead forums as lacking in any "truthful" information...I guess only to be found here with you....correct? I'll stick with PP as the wear numbers dropped significantly versus Royal Purple and be happy...you do whatever it is you wish....and your version of the "truth" is a motor has a lousy UOA(s) with Royal Purple....on the recommendation of the leading oil analyst guru we switch to PP and the wear numbers drop like a rock....and your "truth" is it is the motors fault RP had lousy UOA's....OK DragRace...sure buddy....whatever...
fruit.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

spankme.gif

And you still don't offer proof that it's the oil's fault you had a bad UOA. Also,this ain't a LS-1 forum;it's BITOG and there have numerous excellent UOA'S with it here.Show your proof that the oil has changed and become lesser quality and i'll be happy to apologize to you here in front of everyone. There's more to it than that though. The whole story isn't being told and I don't expect it will be. It's alot easier to just blame someone's product.
You say it has changed. I say I would love to know it has. That would be great info to have.Please provide us with the evidence it has changed and my apologies will be forthcoming. Have a wonderful day!
coffeetime.gif

Sure pal....my proof is a switch to PP and the wear numbers dropped significantly...same motor...same brand of filters and with a much tougher schedule of runs than with RP....so I proved it to myslef.....I never say anything changed and that is where you are off in LALA Land....I keep asking the question DID IT CHANGE? And I guess you just cannot understand I am asking the question and not making any statement or accusations. Reading and comprehension is your friend.
smirk.gif

Greggy, that's great reading.

"The gallon was hoisting Vlasic and hurting it at the same time.

Young remembers begging Wal-Mart for relief. "They said, 'No way,' " says Young. "We said we'll increase the price"--even $3.49 would have helped tremendously--"and they said, 'If you do that, all the other products of yours we buy, we'll stop buying.' It was a clear threat." Hunn recalls things a little differently, if just as ominously: "They said, 'We want the $2.97 gallon of pickles. If you don't do it, we'll see if someone else might.' I knew our competitors were saying to Wal-Mart, 'We'll do the $2.97 gallons if you give us your other business.' " Wal-Mart's business was so indispensable to Vlasic, and the gallon so central to the Wal-Mart relationship, that decisions about the future of the gallon were made at the CEO level.

Finally, Wal-Mart let Vlasic up for air. "The Wal-Mart guy's response was classic," Young recalls. "He said, 'Well, we've done to pickles what we did to orange juice. We've killed it. We can back off.' " Vlasic got to take it down to just over half a gallon of pickles, for $2.79. Not long after that, in January 2001, Vlasic filed for bankruptcy--although the gallon jar of pickles, everyone agrees, wasn't a critical factor."

Quote:

Indeed, john.
And it is amazing the loathe for WM that exists within certain circles.
Way I see it, how can I have any disdain for a company that shaves it's bottom line while providing me a means to increase mine?

Try bringin in 3% margin on your boss' products. You won't last long.
Or try being a salesman for a 3% margin, and you also won't last long...literally, because you will probably starve.

My bad for the hijack....

Guess you haven't been around the trucking industry. Profit margins are not all that great. I've seen the spreadsheets at a number of trucking companies. Most would be very content to see a consistent profit margin above 3%.

I am a supplier to them, or was because I would not cooperate with their contract. They do not purchase locally. They ONLY purchase through direct contract with the manufacturer though the main purchasing department. That Vlasic pickles article is spot-on, as that is the same tack that they took with me. WM and I parted company. I had the strength to say "No. If you don't like my prices, then go somewhere else. They did."

I think that is safe to say that Royal Purple's decision to enter the WMT world was made with a great deal of thought and research. There is always winners and losers. Will rp lose out or enhance their companies bottom line? The customer? How about the local distributors?
WMT? The competitors?
It will be interesin tosee how this plays out.
popcorn.gif

I'm betting RP "reformulates" and you'll see a drop in price in conjunction with wider Wal-Mart distribution. You'll see it in five qt jugs for 20-23 dollars and people on BITOG will run a VOA on the reformulated version and cursing RP for selling out.

This is just a guess though
smile.gif

In most professional sports (the NFL for sure) you have to buy tickets for "preseason" games along with your ticket package.

These games are ticketed at the same price, even though they count for nothing! You want the ticket package, that's the deal.

Wal-Mart behaves just like many other big businesses behave. I stopped paying for my Jets' season tickets 6 years ago. They don't miss me, I don't miss them. I consider what they did worse that Wal-Mart in that the NFL has a monopoly. Wal-Mart has many more competitors.

Wal-Mart is an easy target, but certainly not the only target. I don't see many Nordtrom or Saks shoppers at Wal-Mart. Just regular working folks. If Wal-Mart didn't exist, the prices at all of their competitors would be higher. The prices at Nordstrom , Saks, Tiffanys, etc.,etc. would remain the same. Competition is good, believe it or not. Someday, someone might just out Wal-Mart, Wal-Mart. (See Google v. Yahoo)

Wal-Mart doesn't have competition. That article was written in 2003 and it stated that Wal-Mart does more business in three months than the number two business does in one-year. I hardly call that competition. That was four years ago...imagine the disparity now.

you can change add paks around but since you need a minimum for SM you may see only perhaps a 20-40 cents per gallon or maybe 10 cents per quart improvement. BUT change from a PAO to a GPIII and you save perhaps $3.00-$4.00 per gallon or $1.00 per quart and still call it a syn and no one will ever no as in will not show up on a UOA.
bruce

oh man, the articles posted by Greggy are mind-boggling! if anyone here can read these, then extrapolate those figures by 4 years, and STILL not see the dangers of WalMart... well, they gotta be stupid.

WalMart is a very scary thing.

I'm not going to be a hypocrite and say I never shop at WalMart. I do and it's for:

1. Motor Oil
2. SuperTech Filters
3. Windshield Bug Juice

Everything else in WalMart (clothes, toiletries, supplies, etc.) I pick up at Target. If Target had a better oil/filter selection, I would buy it all at Target.

With my apologies to Woodie Guthrie, Arlo, and others of the family, these two song verses wrote themselves in my head as I passed the Barber's Cut container operation in the Port of Houston about a week ago:

Little boxes on the ship's deck
Little boxes full of Chinese goods
Little boxes, little boxes, and they own us more and more

They keep making, we keep buying
and our money's going overseas
Little boxes, little boxes, and they own us more and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back