ROYAL PURPLE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Onetor
I tried Royal Purple and it sheared. It is def over priced. Any off shelf spec oil at Wal-mart shall suffice!

How'd you find out, UOA? Just curious.

I run Royal Purple oil and filters and completely satisfied. Yes it can be pricey but I shop around on the Internet and its not as expensive as most here would have you to believe. Last month I purchased 3-5 Quart jugs for $69, RP API 5w30. So that is $4.60 per quart. Run what you are comfortable with but don't run away from Royal Purple until you have some personal experience with it.

As you can see, RP bashing is an Olympic event here at the moment. I have never ran their motor oil, but their gear oils were excellent in my use, especially the hard to find straight SAE 90 and good, old 80W-90.

At full retail price there is no performance reason to pay twice the price .
It will do what oil is supposed to do,nothing more except empty your wallet.
It's your money so do what makes you happy.
Its a gimmick product and marketing will always attract some folks into thinking they are getting something special.

Originally Posted by Dallas69
Its a gimmick product and marketing will always attract some folks into thinking they are getting something special.

Your analogy works the same with oil filters. No reason to buy premium filters, unless your vehicle exhibits cold, dry starts. A vast majority of us members here change their oils/filters at, or under 8K. Also, the Fram Extra Guard now contains silicone ADBVs, so one can eliminate that cold, dry start for around $3.77 per filter.

My wife's Supertrech filter is approaching 8K and all is still quiet on cold startup. No silicone ADBV and the price was under $3. The Ecore cage protects the media for this length.

So if to want to pay more - 2-3x the amount, go right ahead. It;s your money to waste.

Signed
first and last owner of our vehicles. We don't trade them-in early, nor sell our vehicles early.

Originally Posted by Dallas69

How many bitogers are using M1EP, M1AP, PUP, EDGE EP and truly, any Synthetic for less than (being generous) 7500 miles? Your logic applies to all of these scenarios.

Originally Posted by Y_K
As you can see, RP bashing is an Olympic event here at the moment.

Actually, mindless RP bashing has been going on here for at least decade, mostly by the uninformed who have never even used it once.

I used to use it quite a bit. Around the same time they got bought out by Calumet, I started having problems with noisy lifters and poor UOAs. Went to Amsoil and problems cleared up. A few others I know that used RP experienced the same thing. I think RP used to be a good oil that got sold down the river to maximize profits. Nowadays, I feel like you're just paying for the name and some purple dye.

Originally Posted by gfh77665
Originally Posted by Y_K

Actually, mindless RP bashing has been going on here for at least decade, mostly by the uninformed who have never even used it once.

Who would want to.
11.gif

Originally Posted by Malo83
Originally Posted by gfh77665
Originally Posted by Y_K

Who would want to.
11.gif

Who would want to live in Cali? Stay safe -- if you can.
11.gif

I have a couple jugs from when WM had it on sale for $17.xx/jug last year. I actually forgot all about it.

Originally Posted by RDY4WAR
I used to use it quite a bit. Around the same time they got bought out by Calumet, I started having problems with noisy lifters and poor UOAs. Went to Amsoil and problems cleared up. A few others I know that used RP experienced the same thing. I think RP used to be a good oil that got sold down the river to maximize profits. Nowadays, I feel like you're just paying for the name and some purple dye.

Don't use facts. RP lovers hate this also they hate the fact it's $40 for a 5 quart jug then will try to post a fictious sales price.

You said fictitious sale prices, nothing else. Now 8 months is too old of a sale for you. Lol, ok.

...and oh, yeah, 10w30 is still sold on the WM website. Not "obsolete clearance" enough i guess.
smile.gif

Screenshot_20181111-215821.jpg

Seems to be some question if Royal Purple can be obtained at a competitive price. The only catch with my deal is that you have to be a Veteran or have a Veteran in your family order for you.
If you don't like RP thats fine, but that doesn't make your choice better or correct.

Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 12.08.13 PM.png

Last edited:
Originally Posted by dave1251
Originally Posted by RDY4WAR

Don't use facts. RP lovers hate this also they hate the fact it's $40 for a 5 quart jug then will try to post a fictious sales price.

I have used Royal Purple's HPS line for over 7 years now with never a problem with noisy lifters or anything close to it. Plenty of my UOA's here that show RP HPS did just fine too.

Originally Posted by lzhome
Seems to be some question if Royal Purple can be obtained at a competitive price. The only catch with my deal is that you have to be a Veteran or have a Veteran in your family order for you.
If you don't like RP thats fine, but that doesn't make your choice better or correct.

The Jewish and veteran sides of me both really want to know what website this is?

EDIT: Nevermind. Just realized it's the exchange.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back