Royal Purple is off the shelf at Walmart!

Still available at my WM
16924737348428182959402635112910.jpg

At the price point, and the quality compared to the others on walmart shelves, Iā€™m surprised anyone would buy it. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever seen anyone buy it at Walmart when Iā€™m standing in the oil isle...usually see people going for Mobil1, or Valvoline, or super tech. Does anyone else notice that? People jumping on the Valvoline wagon? I donā€™t think Iā€™ve bought Valvoline before...I did use Napa house synthetic for years, which supposedly was valvoline/made by Valvoline. And it was ā€œgoodā€. Haha.
Everytime I see somebody else grabbing oil at my local Walmart it's Mobil 1.

How long do you wait to see? Around here the Quaker Synthetic HM is the winner and on price point I think it has just about everybody beat.
šŸ¤£I would agree.. the Quaker State seems to be priced "About the cheapest oil at Walmart." Sometimes it may even be less than the now-blue Supertech bottles; they are neck and neck, Walmart pricing USED to have their Synthetic options a scant $1 more than not. Those days appear to be over. And I also no longer see 6 quart or 12 quart "box" oil, which I don't mind because getting oil out of box seems inhibiting to me... surprised that didn't catch in though, due to price. (Talking about Walmart here.)

I still think Walmart is maybe the best retail store to buy oil as the regular price is usually lower than sales at other stores. Walmart doesn't have "sales." Walmart seems to be a little bit different every store.

So again, Brick NJ store, I think Store #1872.. Walmart appears gone, it was there a long tike and it doesn't look like empty shelf space waiting for a re-stock, it either all sold (unlikely) or its just been allocated for other oil. I'll have to snap a pic next time I'm there. Other stores I'm sure would be different... the purple oil seems like the one that never moved, maybe management took notice.

I'll keep an eye out if I see it at other stores. The stuff in the store didn't seem to be anything special, except for purple lol. Did not Synerlec make RP special, and, no more?

šŸ¤£I would agree.. the Quaker State seems to be priced "About the cheapest oil at Walmart." Sometimes it may even be less than the now-blue Supertech bottles; they are neck and neck, Walmart pricing USED to have their Synthetic options a scant $1 more than not. Those days appear to be over. And I also no longer see 6 quart or 12 quart "box" oil, which I don't mind because getting oil out of box seems inhibiting to me... surprised that didn't catch in though, due to price. (Talking about Walmart here.)

I still think Walmart is maybe the best retail store to buy oil as the regular price is usually lower than sales at other stores. Walmart doesn't have "sales." Walmart seems to be a little bit different every store.

So again, Brick NJ store, I think Store #1872.. Walmart appears gone, it was there a long tike and it doesn't look like empty shelf space waiting for a re-stock, it either all sold (unlikely) or its just been allocated for other oil. I'll have to snap a pic next time I'm there. Other stores I'm sure would be different... the purple oil seems like the one that never moved, maybe management took notice.

I'll keep an eye out if I see it at other stores. The stuff in the store didn't seem to be anything special, except for purple lol. Did not Synerlec make RP special, and, no more?
Synerlec I believe is still promoted or used in the hmx and HPS lines. I think a lot of that has to do with the rating and SL rated for HMX.

Back