Rotella T6 10-30

I’m not going to be using 10-30 either. I was curious about the 10-30 because of the viscosity specs they had in the pds for it.

UPDATE:
Well my email to Shell was unproductive. Seems I emailed the complaint and feedback department. I asked if they could forward the email to the appropriate department and no response. They did give me an 800 number that I called this morning and they basically mirrored what we have seen published. But after I asked them to compare that to the 15-40, they said they would have to do some research and would email me the results of their findings.

Isnt Shell/Pennzoil a BITOG forum sponsor? Or I recall some collab, Q/As, even a few members here were on their podcast. Is there a way to have them take a look? Its a pretty big marketing miss to have wrong PDF / specs posted.

Isnt Shell/Pennzoil a BITOG forum sponsor? Or I recall some collab, Q/As, even a few members here were on their podcast. Is there a way to have them take a look? Its a pretty big marketing miss to have wrong PDF / specs posted.
Probably not a lot of people looking at the specs for a 10-30 hdeo and comparing it to something else. The guy I talked with first said the 10-30 and 15-40 showed almost the same thing. I told him yes exactly the same and that’s when he told me he would have to get back to me.

Mopar recommends it over valvoline and if you go to any Ram dealer service center they will use T-6 10w30 for the Gen 5 6.7
I drive little miles so I change my oil once a year. I changed the oil myself last year in my 2022 with T5 10-30 but my Ram dealer now stocks and uses the T6 10-30 and I just had the oil changed again. I feel like the valve train has less noise after change to T6 but perhaps placebo?

I drive little miles so I change my oil once a year. I changed the oil myself last year in my 2022 with T5 10-30 but my Ram dealer now stocks and uses the T6 10-30 and I just had the oil changed again. I feel like the valve train has less noise after change to T6 but perhaps placebo?
Nope not a placebo the 5th generation 6.7 loves T-6 10w30 full synthetic. A lot of people have said the same thing as you and there’s a person on YouTube who runs a hotshot business that only uses ram 3500 6.7 HO and he said that in his 5th generation Rams the run better on T-6 10-30 and he owns a fleet. But that’s his experience

Nope not a placebo the 5th generation 6.7 loves T-6 10w30 full synthetic. A lot of people have said the same thing as you and there’s a person on YouTube who runs a hotshot business that only uses ram 3500 6.7 HO and he said that in his 5th generation Rams the run better on T-6 10-30 and he owns a fleet. But that’s his experience
I question what my 2022 3500 HO Limited was factory filled with? I do not think factory fill was 10-30 but who knows? When I changed from factory fill to T5 10-30 I could tell my truck liked it better than what was in the factory fill but then when I changed to T6 10-30 the top end was even less noisy than with the T5 10-30. Smooth as silk top end comes to mind.

My truck will never see below zero as I live in the deep south so it may only see 32F one day a year so T6 10-30 is what she will see moving forward.
People that ride in my truck can't believe its a Diesel but it does have that active noise cancellation.

I question what my 2022 3500 HO Limited was factory filled with? I do not think factory fill was 10-30 but who knows? When I changed from factory fill to T5 10-30 I could tell my truck liked it better than what was in the factory fill but then when I changed to T6 10-30 the top end was even less noisy than with the T5 10-30. Smooth as silk top end comes to mind.

My truck will never see below zero as I live in the deep south so it may only see 32F one day a year so T6 10-30 is what she will see moving forward.
People that ride in my truck can't believe its a Diesel but it does have that active noise cancellation.
The factory fill is valvoline 10w30 synthetic blend since it’s a cummins and Cummins and valvoline have a partnership. I personally like the full synthetic

The factory fill is valvoline 10w30 synthetic blend since it’s a cummins and Cummins and valvoline have a partnership. I personally like the full synthetic

Definitely not factory filled with Valvoline.

The partnership is co-branding and at Cummins repair centers.

MOPAR/Fiat is definitely Shell/Pennzoil factory fill.

Paccar trucks is Chevron Factory fill, for reference.

Definitely not factory filled with Valvoline.

The partnership is co-branding and at Cummins repair centers.

MOPAR/Fiat is definitely Shell/Pennzoil factory fill.

Paccar trucks is Chevron Factory fill, for reference.
Really? News to me since I work for Stellantis and you don’t.

Really? News to me since I work for Stellantis and you don’t.

Well, from the manual for Ram/Cummins… Says Rotella.

IMG_4280.jpeg

2011 Announcement:

Last edited:
Well, from the manual for Ram/Cummins… Says Rotella.

View attachment 211156

2011 Announcement:

Ok no where in there states Shell Rotella is the factory fill. Since Cummins ships their engines prefilled from their factory and what oil company has a partnership with Cummins? Valvoline. What car company has a partnership agreement with another oil company that is also located in Europe Shell. Not knocking T-6 it’s not the factory fill. Nor am I knocking Valvoline either both great oils. I’m partial to T-6 it’s a full synthetic for 10w30. Where valvoline is a blend.

Ok no where in there states Shell Rotella is the factory fill. Since Cummins ships their engines prefilled from their factory and what oil company has a partnership with Cummins? Valvoline. What car company has a partnership agreement with another oil company that is also located in Europe Shell. Not knocking T-6 it’s not the factory fill. Nor am I knocking Valvoline either both great oils. I’m partial to T-6 it’s a full synthetic for 10w30. Where valvoline is a blend.

If they ship their engines pre-filled to RAM, then that’s the only OEM I know they do that. And I supply several other OEM manufacturers that utilize Cummins engines. And they’re all shipped dry.

Secondary hardware like oil coolers, lines, turbo placement, etc. etc. are all different depending on the application for the 6.7.

I worked for 3 different freight companies for 30+ years total and we couldn’t even pick up anything used (transmission, differentials or engines) that had fluids in them. It was simply not allowed. We also hauled some class 8 engines of different manufacturers bolted to stands for shipping and they were all dry with tags all over them about adding oil before starting.
But anything is possible. Cummins might have a dedicated carrier that will haul them wet but I’ve never seen it.

If they ship their engines pre-filled to RAM, then that’s the only OEM I know they do that. And I supply several other OEM manufacturers that utilize Cummins engines. And they’re all shipped dry.

Secondary hardware like oil coolers, lines, turbo placement, etc. etc. are all different depending on the application for the 6.7.
Thank you for educating me I was told they came prefilled from my service writer.

Any oil from the majors with the proper ratings changed regularly will allow engine life beyond ownership of the vehicle

I was being cautious about " a placebo" and me noticing my 2022 H.O runs better on the T6 10w-30. I posted something on another forum about my truck driving better on the t6 10-30 and was eaten alive that no way I would notice a oil brand and or weight on a 1,000 ft lb monster diesel engine!
I tell you, this engine likes the T6 10-30 in a way I have never noticed ANY truck / car engine running better on a oil.
less top end noise, feels smoother, to the extent, I have had several people notice that ride with me or simply walk past and can't believe its a diesel!
To me its like when you changed that muffler on that old 92 Buick or purchased (4) new Michelins for that same old car..
You slightly hear less noise and it just "feels" better...
Hard to explain but you die hard 5w-40 guys owe it to yourself to try the t6 10-30. Do it and tell me what you hear and feel...

I worked for 3 different freight companies for 30+ years total and we couldn’t even pick up anything used (transmission, differentials or engines) that had fluids in them. It was simply not allowed. We also hauled some class 8 engines of different manufacturers bolted to stands for shipping and they were all dry with tags all over them about adding oil before starting.
But anything is possible. Cummins might have a dedicated carrier that will haul them wet but I’ve never seen it.
Yeah I’ve never seen any engine shipped with fluids. All our engines are dry and as you note are marked as such. No shipper wants a shipment full of spillable liquid like that.

Back