Roofers incorrectly installed roof... now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by xxch4osxx
Never heard of needing an inspection done after getting a roof replaced.

Doesn't an inspector needs to see roof to make sure its up to build standards (code) of the city / county..... no shortcuts taken and corners cut.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice

Doesn't an inspector needs to see roof to make sure its up to build standards (code) of the city / county..... no shortcuts taken and corners cut.

Never heard of it around here. When I did roofing for a summer job when I was in high school I don't ever recall the boss getting any sort of inspections done.

I hadn't heard of this either. It must be a local law.

Anyway, as already mentioned your first step is the roofer.

Pretty standard around here once you get a permit pulled, the inspector always comes by and makes sure the job is done correctly afterwards. Usually you don't pay the full amount til everything is all set with the city.

That's where we're at. From what I'm told the guy that owns the company goes golfing all day and waits for the money to come in. He has several crews. Now to we bite the bullet and let them fix it. Pay for what they did or have a new roofer do the work and bill them?

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Pretty standard around here once you get a permit pulled, the inspector always comes by and makes sure the job is done correctly afterwards. Usually you don't pay the full amount til everything is all set with the city.

Due to the hurricanes, they are strict with meeting the roofing code down here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back