Rode The New 2018 Softail Fat Bob 114 c.i. Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: dr2152
It's funny how people believe only what supports their argument...Harley guys don't believe anything negative about their bikes even when it's proven fact...

Grampi the one thing we can count on is you never have facts when it comes to Harleys.

Just because you don't like the info I present doesn't mean it isn't fact...oh wait a minute, yes it does...

What info?

Originally Posted By: David_g
Originally Posted By: endeavor to persevere
Of the many Harleys I have had in my life not a one of them has ever had a wobble of any kind. Of all the people I know that ride Harleys not a one of then have ever experienced this. How many Harleys that you have ridden experienced this wobble you speak of?

For me, none. Though the number of Harleys I've ridden is small.

Once over a 2 day period I saw 3 different Harleys do a weird wobble on the freeway.

I have zero doubt that some Harleys have wobble problems.

You saw 3 Harleys wobble on a freeway. I saw a Honda wobble today where they had put tar in the cracks. Does that mean Honda has a wobble problem?
Years ago we rode the Tail of the Dragon. Two riders complained of a death wobble. Both were fine after we aired up their tires. One was a Triumph and the other Honda CBR. Only Harley I've been around that had a bad wobble also had 22lbs in each tire. Plus they pushed the bike into the turn faster than they should.

It's funny how people believe only what supports their argument...Harley guys don't believe anything negative about their bikes even when it's proven fact...

Grampi the one thing we can count on is you never have facts when it comes to Harleys.

Just because you don't like the info I present doesn't mean it isn't fact...oh wait a minute, yes it does...

What info?

Are you new?

I have seen steering stabilizers on a number of different brands of motorcycles. The early Kawasaki two stroke bikes came from the factory with them. A friend of mine experienced the high speed wobble once and he said he just knew he was going to crash, but held on for dear life and it settled down after about 20 very scary seconds. He was riding a Harley Softail at the time.

No I'm old. You didn't answer the question which was what Harley info have you given that has real facts in it.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
I have seen steering stabilizers on a number of different brands of motorcycles. The early Kawasaki two stroke bikes came from the factory with them. A friend of mine experienced the high speed wobble once and he said he just knew he was going to crash, but held on for dear life and it settled down after about 20 very scary seconds. He was riding a Harley Softail at the time.

My Kawasaki two strokes were a hand full even with a steering damper. My CBR's would wobble when the neck bearing were worn. My fault for not checking not the bikes. Harley Softail is not a high speed bike.

No I'm old. You didn't answer the question which was what Harley info have you given that has real facts in it.

Read through the years worth of posts I've posted in here...I'm not going to repost all the info...

You saw 3 Harleys wobble on a freeway.

Over a 2-day period. Yeah it looks like a problem to me. Not a 1-off like your Honda wobble. Though Honda of course had a well known issue too on the ST1300 police bikes.

Read through the years worth of posts I've posted in here...I'm not going to repost all the info...

I've read your "facts" for years and they are not facts. You love to make up stories. Facts are real.

You saw 3 Harleys wobble on a freeway.

Over a 2-day period. Yeah it looks like a problem to me. Not a 1-off like your Honda wobble. Though Honda of course had a well known issue too on the ST1300 police bikes.

Not a 1 off, that was just today. Every bike I've ridden have wobbled on tar strips. You have no idea why those bikes wobbled. Could be the road, bad tires,speed, new rider or poor maintenance. If the three you saw were Yamaha's would you brand all Yamaha's having a problem?

I've read your "facts" for years and they are not facts. You love to make up stories. Facts are real.

Says the Harley lover living in La La Land...

Not a 1 off, that was just today. Every bike I've ridden have wobbled on tar strips. You have no idea why those bikes wobbled. Could be the road, bad tires,speed, new rider or poor maintenance. If the three you saw were Yamaha's would you brand all Yamaha's having a problem?

I didn't brand all Harleys as having a problem. Seriously can you read? This is the second time you've distorted what I said in order to dismiss it.

And as I've already said it wasn't about seeing 3 Harleys wobble. It was about seeing 3 Harleys wobble over the course of 2 days (two consecutive days) if I didn't make myself clear.

I didn't brand all Harleys as having a problem. Seriously can you read? This is the second time you've distorted what I said in order to dismiss it.

And as I've already said it wasn't about seeing 3 Harleys wobble. It was about seeing 3 Harleys wobble over the course of 2 days (two consecutive days) if I didn't make myself clear.

I didn't distort anything. Read what you wrote. I asked if you saw three Yamaha's wobble; over any period of time, would you brand all Yamaha's with having a wobble problem? That's what you did about Harley's

Grampi you must have been denied something from a Harley dealer to have your mind set. Unlike you, I love to ride different bikes built for different purposes. You always have a Harley problem story that is not a real story. All of the bikes you have owned have had problems. Buy a bike and go riding. Stop trying to sound like an expert on Harley's.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DriveHard
They did...it was called a Buell.

XB12s were surprisingly fun for a bike with such a limited RPM range.

Grampi you must have been denied something from a Harley dealer to have your mind set. Unlike you, I love to ride different bikes built for different purposes. You always have a Harley problem story that is not a real story. All of the bikes you have owned have had problems. Buy a bike and go riding. Stop trying to sound like an expert on Harley's.

It's obvious you are a big HD cheerleader and in your eyes they can do no wrong...Harleys are perfect and have never had any issues whatsoever...snowflakes....

It's obvious you are a big HD cheerleader and in your eyes they can do no wrong...Harleys are perfect and have never had any issues whatsoever...snowflakes....

Snowflake? I thought that was for the uninformed who got caught making up facts. Get a mirror snowflake. Grampi just admit you have no facts and have just been spreading made up stories. Every bike has problems. None are perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back