Rode The New 2018 Softail Fat Bob 114 c.i. Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly can see why some people don't like Harleys, but for my style of riding they're just about perfect. Lots of torque, handle well for me, comfortable (I don't like to ride all folded up), reliable and American made. Expensive, yes. There is a dealer selling a new 2016 Kaw Z1000 ABS for 9K, for example, but I can tell you before sitting on it I'll be folded up and not comfortable. I bet that thing is a beast to ride, though.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
...Expensive, yes. ....

??? As is Ducati, BMW, KTM, MV Agusta, Honda Goldwing, Indian, Motus (!...), and more. Not getting your point there.

Originally Posted By: endeavor to persevere
Of the many Harleys I have had in my life not a one of them has ever had a wobble of any kind. Of all the people I know that ride Harleys not a one of then have ever experienced this. How many Harleys that you have ridden experienced this wobble you speak of?

Oh the other hand Honda Goldwings are bad about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GgkwnQy-_8

Some of the Twin Cam bikes DID have wobbles...they had problems with the swing arm bushings (I think usually only when ridden 2-up), since remedied.

Originally Posted By: dr2152
Originally Posted By: grampi
Grampi you must have been denied something from a Harley dealer to have your mind set. Unlike you, I love to ride different bikes built for different purposes. You always have a Harley problem story that is not a real story. All of the bikes you have owned have had problems. Buy a bike and go riding. Stop trying to sound like an expert on Harley's.

It's obvious you are a big HD cheerleader and in your eyes they can do no wrong...Harleys are perfect and have never had any issues whatsoever...snowflakes....

Snowflake? I thought that was for the uninformed who got caught making up facts. Get a mirror snowflake. Grampi just admit you have no facts and have just been spreading made up stories. Every bike has problems. None are perfect.

Ignorance is bliss, so you should be pretty blissful...

Grampi you must have been denied something from a Harley dealer to have your mind set. Unlike you, I love to ride different bikes built for different purposes. You always have a Harley problem story that is not a real story. All of the bikes you have owned have had problems. Buy a bike and go riding. Stop trying to sound like an expert on Harley's.

It's obvious you are a big HD cheerleader and in your eyes they can do no wrong...Harleys are perfect and have never had any issues whatsoever...snowflakes....

Snowflake? I thought that was for the uninformed who got caught making up facts. Get a mirror snowflake. Grampi just admit you have no facts and have just been spreading made up stories. Every bike has problems. None are perfect.

Ignorance is bliss, so you should be pretty blissful...

Thanks snowflake.

A cousin of mine just got the first one out the door in Perth on Friday, now he's riding it 1600km home. Seems pretty pleased with it on his first 400kmk stop.

A person on another forum said it this way.

I'm not a pirate but, I'll defend their lifestyle... here goes.

It's their lifestyle, none of my business nor yours either. We're fortunate in that most of us live in countries that embrace the freedom to live the way we want to live. Ride what we want to ride in the style in which we want to do so. We can be "series" riders or not. I hate to break it to you but you can't tell the difference from outside looks alone bro'... Vive' la difference! Be who you are or want to be. If you mind your own business you'll be too busy to be minding mine.

I have owned many bikes. Every year I say I'll buy a Harley this season...
But still a metric rider.
I have been in Harley showroom many times but I end up walking away for various reasons.

Originally Posted By: CaspianM
I have been in Harley showroom many times but I end up walking away for various reasons.

I used to be like you! I always walked away for various reasons, one big one was being 6" tall I found myself a little crunched up on the Road King ... then one day ... :eek:)

(anyway, changing the seat solved that problem)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Originally Posted By: Silverado12
...Expensive, yes. ....

??? As is Ducati, BMW, KTM, MV Agusta, Honda Goldwing, Indian, Motus (!...), and more. Not getting your point there.

I meant more expensive than the comparable Japanese bike. I liked that Z1000 I saw but couldn't do it because I'm tall and can't fold my legs easily anymore. Harley makes "Tallboy" seats, forward highway pegs/controls and the aftermarket is really good to customize one for different riders.

Originally Posted By: alarmguy

I used to be like you! I always walked away for various reasons, one big one was being 6" tall I found myself a little crunched up on the Road King ... then one day ... :eek:)

My main issues with Harley is their mass which make it hard to be daily riders. Getting in & out of garage is a serious hassle being only 145 lbs.

Another reason is I am not really a fan of V-twin. They are old, inefficient and not really fluid smooth and never high power. I really like the japs 4-in-line. But I give credit to Harley for its impeccable finish.

Thanks snowflake.

That's hilarious! You're the one crybabying about negative things said about your beloved brand...

Thanks snowflake.

That's hilarious! You're the one crybabying about negative things said about your beloved brand...

Crying is your nick name. No facts! Just crying about how Harleys are bad. All I said was you make up stories. I don't have a brand. I do own a Harley and a Honda. Hope to get a Kawasaki to add to the team soon. I'm different than you,I ride.

Thanks snowflake.

Crying is your nick name. No facts! Just crying about how Harleys are bad. All I said was you make up stories. I don't have a brand. I do own a Harley and a Honda. Hope to get a Kawasaki to add to the team soon. I'm different than you,I ride.

Unlike you, I got smart and gave up this dangerous hobby...

I...

My main issues with Harley is their mass which make it hard to be daily riders. Getting in & out of garage is a serious hassle being only 145 lbs.

Another reason is I am not really a fan of V-twin. They are old, inefficient and not really fluid smooth and never high power. I really like the japs 4-in-line. But I give credit to Harley for its impeccable finish.

Well said,
Well balanced (no pun intended)

I like all bikes, they all serve a purpose for sure and honestly, if practical, I would have 1 or 2 more in my garage.
But since I have only one I have to have the one that best works for me and my type of riding.
For sure the touring bikes are beasts to push around more so in and out of tight spaces and garages, at 145 I couldnt imagine.

Im a fan of some of the new reworked 6 speed sport touring bikes, the new FJR1300, and the new Concours (I kind of want this one). I do have to have ABS as well. Also the new BMW 1600 if Im really liking.

The only thing you got wrong was efficient if you mean the metric bikes are more efficient on MPG.

My 14 Road King pretty much gets the same and better MPG then the bikes I mentioned above.
Yes and the fit and finish on the Road King is amazing.

Last edited:
Ps, I like the idea of an inline, in fact the BMW has an inline 6. I do not like the idea of valve adjustments, been there, done that but understand it comes with the design.

Too many bikes, so little time!

Again, good post, Nice to have a normal conversation in here for a change.

Seriously???? A friends wife rides a 2003 Electraglide Ultra and weighs about 140 lbs. She has about 60,000 miles on HER Electraglide.....
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back