Rock auto shipping cost screwup?

JHZR2

Staff member
Ok, yes it’s really dubious this is legit. But I got the following email shortly after buying some stuff on Rockauto using FedEx as the shipper:

IMG_8441.jpg

No it’s not a legit rockauto or FedEx message. It’s from Shipstation. But I don’t have a lot of experience with rock auto, and for all I know they do use a third party shipper.

Rock auto claims my packages have shipped.

I’m obviously not clicking the link, and I’m taking it up with rocksuto. It’s not inconceivable that they had a shipping estimate error, but anyway…. Just curious if they’ve ever seen this from rock auto.

Rockauto doesn't use Shipstation. They use the carrier you selected at checkout (Fedex, UPS, etc). They also do not retroactively adjust shipping rates. The shipping shown at checkout is the shipping you pay.

Coincidence.

I am now getting a ton of these fake messages with a PDF “contract to sign”, along with a message saying the sender was “sorry I was late in this”.

Yeah, right, because I’m always booking bands at nightclubs! 🤣

Goes along with the fake email from the US Postal Service that they were holding my UPS package at the FedEx warehouse. 🤨🙄

It's phoney. I never had anything like that appear from rock auto. Many times I will hover over the link with my mouse curser to see its actual address and determine if it's legit.

Back