Rock Auto vs Auto Parts International, Price difference?

For a while I have been noticing, the shipping costs with RockAuto defeats the lower part costs. Recently came across Auto Parts International but the process with this store is different. You can't just open an account. You must contact local store to get you an account. I am curious if anyone uses this store and can comment on the price difference between these 2 stores, and if its worth going through the trouble for irregular ordering?

Auto Parts International apparently have 160 stores in 14 states. The implies bricks, mortar and sales people salaries. That puts it into the same category as other auto part suppliers as Auto Zone or Napa. Rock Auto does not have storefronts or sales people.

I guess the only way to tell is place a fictitious order and don’t hit the “send” button. :)

Oh No! You are about to start ANOTHER thread about Rock Auto shipping practices. I heartily recommend that you should shop elsewhere. You have many friends on this board that agree with you about RA, but they have been tied up recently placing and replacing items in their carts to outwit the AI. I heard there was a member on this board that successfully saved $1.19 after only a week of trying.

I am a loyal Rock Auto person too. I make sure the stuff I order comes from the same warehouse. I have no complaints with their freight charges.

Rockauto has been great to deal with and I buy several thousand dollars a month from them. NEVER any issues with warranty or returns either.

OP here,

More interested in checking the price difference. The reason is not just RockAuto shipping costs but quick availability. While I don't mind paying extra for immediate availability, I don't want to pay AutoZone price. Hence the question.

You can try but autoparts international is a wholesaler. I'm not even sure they'll sell to you if you aren't a business.

For RA their shipping cost can be high. Definitely cheaper if you spend a few minutes making sure you stuff comes from one or two warehouses. Even with shipping costs though they still often beat the price of AutoZone.

NAPA and AutoZone each have well over 6,000 stores so a comparison to Auto Parts International won't be that easy. just sayin'.

I'm looking forward to giving API a look as RA has failed to include magnets in my last few order.

Oh No! You are about to start ANOTHER thread about Rock Auto shipping practices. I heartily recommend that you should shop elsewhere. You have many friends on this board that agree with you about RA, but they have been tied up recently placing and replacing items in their carts to outwit the AI. I heard there was a member on this board that successfully saved $1.19 after only a week of trying.
Hi just wanted to let everyone know that I have successfully saved up to $3.27.

I'm currently working on a Skillshare course and accompanying eBook textbook that will teach the rest of you plebians my secrets.

I've found that most of the time the cost difference between buying a bunch of separate parts from various other sources or just buying everything from Rockauto is fairly minimal, even factoring shipping. Parts usually arrive fast and all together, and I haven't had any issues with returns to date. I would say I've spent a few thousand with them over the last few years.

The only issue I have with them is that I'm running out of places to put the magnets.

For a while I have been noticing, the shipping costs with RockAuto defeats the lower part costs. Recently came across Auto Parts International but the process with this store is different. You can't just open an account. You must contact local store to get you an account. I am curious if anyone uses this store and can comment on the price difference between these 2 stores, and if its worth going through the trouble for irregular ordering?
From their "About Us" page
"Headquartered in Norton, MA, Autopart International Inc., is a leading provider of premium auto parts for the Professional Service Provider"
Looks like a jobber/installer supplier.

API reboxes and has their jobber line auto parts listed on RA.

i just bought some of their brake pads for like $3

Back